General Steel wheel 16 inch and a hello

Currently reading:
General Steel wheel 16 inch and a hello

StusbravoJTDM

Does anyone in the north east of England have a 16 inch steel wheel for a 2008 fiat bravo? Had blow out and it’s now like a 50p shape and I can’t source one anywhere. Preferably with a tyre on it but if not it’s still good. Please reply to this post of DM.

I could buy some 16 inch fiat 500 alloys but the ET I think are 39 whilst I think the ET of the steels are 31? Will this cause a problem

ET variation of 8mm istoo much. Plenty of wheels on the net and eBay but prices vary wildly. £100 absolute max. I bought a steel wheel from my local breakers for £20 just a week ago so thats the base line. It was rusty and although I spent 2 hours with a drill and wire brush it needs more, but I have whizzed some paint on it. If you are thinking alloys, I have previously seen fair deals on new wheels and tyres if you look hard enough. Sometimes a set (new) with tyres (also new) is suprisingly cheap, Google Fiat spares and try Failsworth Fiat Spares who are reported on here to be helpful. You do not want a wheel with an odd ET number as the handling will be off and you might have issues with the tyres catching things. My own wheel was in lieu of a space saver so it has a proper tyre, but the ET is 7mm incorrect for the Panda its in. I have checked on my car that the wheel is OK and has clearance all round and on lock. It is OK and it will be used only as a space saver at 50mph and for minimum distances, so I am OK with the difference for now. Even with an odd centre a proper tyre will be far better than a space saver. For a substiture of a full time wheel, get the right one. Google 'buy used 16 inch wheel' and then add the other measurements. I am sure you can locate one. If you are asking on here you need tp quote the full specification of the wheel you need. All the details will be stamped into your wheel including the rim width and the ET offset figure. Most fiats have PCD (wheel stud spacing) of 98 but you also need to check if your wheels have holes for locating pegs and if there are one two or three holes for this purpose. I hope this is a little helpful.

ET variation of 8mm istoo much. Plenty of wheels on the net and eBay but prices vary wildly. £100 absolute max. I bought a steel wheel from my local breakers for £20 just a week ago so thats the base line. It was rusty and although I spent 2 hours with a drill and wire brush it needs more, but I have whizzed some paint on it. If you are thinking alloys, I have previously seen fair deals on new wheels and tyres if you look hard enough. Sometimes a set (new) with tyres (also new) is suprisingly cheap, Google Fiat spares and try Failsworth Fiat Spares who are reported on here to be helpful. You do not want a wheel with an odd ET number as the handling will be off and you might have issues with the tyres catching things. My own wheel was in lieu of a space saver so it has a proper tyre, but the ET is 7mm incorrect for the Panda its in. I have checked on my car that the wheel is OK and has clearance all round and on lock. It is OK and it will be used only as a space saver at 50mph and for minimum distances, so I am OK with the difference for now. Even with an odd centre a proper tyre will be far better than a space saver. For a substiture of a full time wheel, get the right one. Google 'buy used 16 inch wheel' and then add the other measurements. I am sure you can locate one. If you are asking on here you need tp quote the full specification of the wheel you need. All the details will be stamped into your wheel including the rim width and the ET offset figure. Most fiats have PCD (wheel stud spacing) of 98 but you also need to check if your wheels have holes for locating pegs and if there are one two or three holes for this purpose. I hope this is a little helpful.
I have contacted multiple scrap yards in York and the NE and not one have a steel wheel. They tend to take them off and weld together for cones or weigh them in. I’ve also scoured eBay and all the usual sites to no avail.

I could get a set of alloys from a 500 but as you say it’s a fair bit of difference between the ET hence my question.
I won’t buy new set of alloys x 4 for what is in effect a POS that I only use as a daily to keep the miles of my Evo. I just want to be able to do 70 mph without worry and spending ridiculous amounts on a shed

Understand your dilemma. If you put up the full spec I will have a look locally here and see if anything is available. My yard is an old style one and has loads of wheels but getting the exact one is taxing. Have you tried the likes of breakeryard.com too. If you keep scanning eBay I am sure one will turn up soon as the turnover seems strong. Good luck.
Also try a wanted in the classifieds on here its a free perk of membership.

Last edited:

That’s the first 3 cars with steel wheels that come up if you search eBay for fiat “bravo breaking” just message the people advertising them and they usually will list the part you want as but now for you to click, then either pick it up as they are all in the north like yourself or see if they will post it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply. The wheel is a 7j 16 inch ET31 PCD 4x98 standard steel wheel.
I have tried all but the Failsworth car you list who I have just messaged. These are all NW rather than. NE so I’m not sure if they have how much postage would be. I was hoping someone NE would have one so I could collect.
I appreciate your time and responses

I tried that online and come back with no results found. Don’t know anywhere else selling them new either

If all else fails Oponeo should be able to provide a new steel wheel to match
I emailed and they have come back with a part number but then state only available in the ROI. I have found another site in the UK for £75 so I guess I will go with that option unless a magical SH one appears by COP tomorrow

That's disappointing. Also unusual that ROI gets better selection than UK. EU delivery I guess.

I'd be happy to bring one from delivery in Ireland to Scarborough, but not until end of July, if of any use.

I got some extra steels for the Panda off the fleabay, but I guess Bravos are less common.

Was wondering if you could broaden your search for other cars using the same rims...
...this database suggests for ET31, that's only the Lancia Delta, so not much help either.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for the kind offer. I will buy one tomorrow from online (found one at £75) with 8 working day delivery and then get a tyre on it. Will just use my other car til then although at £1.69 a litre and an at best 250 (off boost like a baby) to a £100 tank I hope it’s not delayed! That and part slick tyres doesn’t make a great daily driver!
I

Back