• a)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • b)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • c)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • d)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • none of the above (please post a link to something)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
my parents had option a for about 2 years; with 5 of us and the dog in the house it took a fair battering. It did have to be mid-wash serviced a few times aswell...

I cannot morally recommend it, those arses moved my summer job to Poland (no problem with the Poles or anything but sodding Italian owners :bang:)

Edit: the newest option is practically the same as the 1st option, but costs more for a lower spec, typical Indesit; sorry, Hotpoint

Last edited:
stick to the big brands.

dont go to argos it costs more.

everyone i asked who work in the industry all said the same thing, bosch are best.

Damn I rule :cool:

*looks smug* :D

Some of the field tech's I still know had problems getting a new control unit for that one and were told it was out of production (it had been dropped down a flight of stairs)

Congrats (y)

You thought I hid something here :p

The only warning about Indesit/Hotpoint/Creda consortium is that the only parts center left in the UK is in Wales with all the other factories being moved abroad so parts may take a while IF it does go wrong, I cannot vouch for washing machines quality assurance except through experience using one but ovens I could comment on lol

Last edited:
currys can cost a lot, but if you wait for the sales they can beat online prices.

in the end i went with a local self employed guy. they get great discount deals from wholesale suppliers, and they have no overheads like shop costs, so they can get you a great deal.

where do you find them? try your local paper and yellow pages. tell them what your requirements are and then ask them to recommend a washing machine, but remind them that your business will go to the best quote. another good thing about taking this option is you get the machine fitted for free, and if you have any probs with it you can get the guy round quickly and easily with no need to go to a shop or send it back to the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Some of the field tech's I still know had problems getting a new control unit for that one and were told it was out of production (it had been dropped down a flight of stairs)

Congrats (y)

You thought I hid something here :p

The only warning about Indesit/Hotpoint/Creda consortium is that the only parts center left in the UK is in Wales with all the other factories being moved abroad so parts may take a while IF it does go wrong, I cannot vouch for washing machines quality assurance except through experience using one but ovens I could comment on lol

I got a new door mechanism next day :confused:. But I see your point

Back