Technical Washers not working...

Currently reading:
Technical Washers not working...

onodle

Next job after fixing my wipers is the washers! Thought i just needed water! Added that and still nothing.

Can't hear pump so I replaced it and still nothing wipers move just no jets of water. Looked under bonnet in fuse box manual tells me its F3 for the fuse however I can't seem to locate F3! :/ All the 10 amp fuses I checked have not blown either! - It's either NOT there at all or someone has replaced it with a 15 or 20amp at some other point in the van's life.

Are the fuses under the terminal connections? As I can't work out which is which, the numbers on the flastic which are molded I can bearly read and no diagram under the fuse lid or in the booklet with a map to the fuse.

Few things to note the funnel that goes to my water tank is missing (i think its always been missing since i had the van)

They where working then stopped BEFORE the wipers died just living in wales I don't need the extra water ;) BUT i think the MOT guy does :(

New pump fitted wires seemed fine, water ran out of tank so no blockages couldnt see any obvious blockages either in the line when i pressed it.

Wires all seem OK. Hence why i think it must be a fuse.

Double checked all fuses (none match what my handbook claim to be in the engine bay!) none had blown made sure all fit correctly, yet no water comes out wipers move fine.

I'm starting to think the replacement pump i bought was a dud also. I don't think it's a wiring fault other wise id see evidence at the fuse or the wipers not trigger at all?

No gunk in the tank once i replaced the pump all the water ran free. So unless anyone has any other ideas i think it;s the pump..

Ok further update on this.

Got multi-meter out located F3 there is a 15amp fuse not 10 in its place so I suspect its blown at some point in the past hence the upgrade, checked with multi meter just to make sure no hairline crack, fuse is fine.

Taken water pump apart run that with multi-meter again that seems fine. Tested the connector to with the wiring to the pump (pushed prongs in as deep as I could) had someone activate the washers and I get nothing.

So I figure someplace the wire has cut or been compromised can't think what else it could be unless anyone has some ideas? At a loss not just hope MOT station does not test it lol..

Anyone had some ideas? I figure its wheel off, wheel arch cover removed and see if i can see the wire from there?

Checked wires under wheel hub no damage that I can see so I'm stuck on this one...

Checked wires under wheel hub no damage that I can see so I'm stuck on this one...
Hello, I know this was originally posted years ago, but, I have the exact same issue. Did you eventually solve it? I was about to start stripping my steering column...

Back