Technical Washers - NOT FROZEN - Electrical gremlins?!?!

Currently reading:
Technical Washers - NOT FROZEN - Electrical gremlins?!?!

Ben B

Hi, The Washers on my wife's Stilo are behaving weirdly, have been for months and months (nothing to do with the cold weather).

Some times they'll spray as normal, other times they're completely dead. Sometimes the rear sprays but the front doesn't. Earlier today they were all working, now neither spray!

When I say dead, I mean don't even make a sound, current isn't getting to the motors.

Very annoying! I've bought a new pump second-hand, in fact I've tried 3 now, all have the same temperamental results.

Any ideas??

which pump do u mean ? i had the same problem and it was the motor gon which is connected on the actuall windscreen washer bottle?

Yeah, that's the one - I've changed it twice already, always seems to work for a week, then die as well!!

Next time it stops working pull the screen pump connector off and check for power when selected and earth being supplied there. Often it is tarnished contacts at the connector as it gets splattered with water so give them a good clean up

NB the power and earth supply is simply reversed to make the pump go the opposite way to provide front or rear washers

Last edited:
stilo front wiper washer wiring diag.JPG
front wiper and washer circuit

rear wiper circuit 2.JPG
rear wiper and washer circuit

This is really annoying me - it now only works if it rains !!!!!>!>!>!>! WTF?!?!

Wish I could figure it out!

infuriatingly I just went to test them one more time with a multimeter and they now work for the first time in over a week!!! Typical!
must be a dodgy wire, or even just a furred-up connector?

Back