General 1.9 jtd weird electrical power loss

Currently reading:
General 1.9 jtd weird electrical power loss

ad777

Yet another query. Jumped into car lunchtime, completely dead. Thought I had maybe left ignition on. Got a jump-start, went for a half hour drive, noticed the menu wasn't working properly? Only 1 choice and exit... got back took battery out, sprayed everything with electrical cleaner, and back to normal starting, with full menu functions.
Could the dash playing up cause this?
I am hoping it was just not holding the terminal properly, but there have been some dash gremlins ( previous guy sent it off, but didn't get done properly) so no milage and flashing glow plugs, without fault code.
I had a polo that would start due to dash, and am wondering if this may be the same!!!

It could be the battery or earth connector was loose. The dash wouldn't affect the rest of it.. it would start and run although you obviously wouldn't be able to see what was going on. I ran mine for around a week with no clocks at all while they were at the menders.

The Menu only lets you change one or two settings when the car is moving (the speed limiter beep, I think.. ) so it's correct to not show you the whole menu. It's a nanny mode, to stop you messing about with the settings instead of paying attention to the road.

Ralf S.

It could be the battery or earth connector was loose. The dash wouldn't affect the rest of it.. it would start and run although you obviously wouldn't be able to see what was going on. I ran mine for around a week with no clocks at all while they were at the menders.

The Menu only lets you change one or two settings when the car is moving (the speed limiter beep, I think.. ) so it's correct to not show you the whole menu. It's a nanny mode, to stop you messing about with the settings instead of paying attention to the road.

Thanks Ralf. It's been fine since cleaned up the termi also so touch wood that's what it was. Going to change map sensor today, and put up on ramp for a food poke about. Its a great wee car to drive! Fairly smitten. Cheers Adam

Back