Technical warning light

Currently reading:
Technical warning light

ive noticed when i go over some speed bumps (not fast) that the orange light with the triangle flashes up and flickers then goes off, then the car kicks back in - what is wrong now with the wonderful machine?! lol

well the orange triangle is used mainly for speed limit exceeded but it is also used, alongside the matrix display, to indicate other faults. these are:

• fuel cut off switch on
  • warning light failure (as in the ABS, ASR, steering, brake warning or ESP light blown)
  • sensor failure on coolant and oil pressure or anti pinch on windows

so if your cars not cutting out i bet theres a loose wire about that creates a fault but re-connects before the matrix tells you the fault.

It does come up for other things but not on a petrol model

Hello,
If its the warning triangle with the circle round it, it could it be the traction control light which flickers when the car's traction control kicks in? It could loose traction as you go overthe speed hump (I would have thought that you would have to hit it quite hard/fast, which your not) I know from my works car you can get the this light to flicker quite easily, the power cuts, then kicks back in as the light flickers. Only an idea!!!!
Natty

Last edited:
Hello,
If its the warning triangle with the circle round it, it could it be the traction control light which flickers when the car's traction control kicks in? It could loose traction as you go overthe speed hump (I would have thought that you would have to hit it quite hard/fast, which your not) I know from my works car you can get the this light to flicker quite easily, the power cuts, then kicks back in as the light flickers. Only an idea!!!!
Natty

yeah seems its like that, ill try get a look at the light exactly its on the rev counter in the middle triangle with an exclamation mark sounds right! the car doesnt cut out just once im over the bump theres a little tug and back to normal, hard to explain

if you have your foot down a bit the car might loose contact a bit and try and spin the wheels.. therefore the traction control cuts the power back and so no more acceleration at the same rate.. then lets you accelerate fine after a while :D

Back