General VIN Plate

Currently reading:
General VIN Plate

joemorris1

Hi, trying to find the VIN plate on mt 2009 Scudo, there is nothing in the bulkhead. According to my handbook the only ID late is on the drivers door slam.but the DVLA want a photo of the VIN plate.It is not where is says for a 2010 onward.
Joe

Hi, trying to find the VIN plate on mt 2009 Scudo, there is nothing in the bulkhead. According to my handbook the only ID late is on the drivers door slam.but the DVLA want a photo of the VIN plate.It is not where is says for a 2010 onward.
Joe
According to the internet it's under the bonnet at back of engine on bulkhead, if no luck try Peugeot same model as badge engineered.

Thanks,. Here's the story, got a refund check from DVLA , phoned them up to ask why told I had scrapped the van. Hardly, it is sitting on my drive. Send photos of the van, vin plate and Reg Book number. Asked them why don't you send round one of your inspectors to verify the van has not been scrapped.Need a photo of the VIN plate ,the one on the door slam is not good enough.

Thanks,. Here's the story, got a refund check from DVLA , phoned them up to ask why told I had scrapped the van. Hardly, it is sitting on my drive. Send photos of the van, vin plate and Reg Book number. Asked them why don't you send round one of your inspectors to verify the van has not been scrapped.Need a photo of the VIN plate ,the one on the door slam is not good enough.
Strange, have you had it long? If not, it is possible someone bought it from the scrappy after giving the previous owner an "end of life certificate"and then sold it on to you. From the reg. no. can you do a DVLA MOT history check to see when it was last Moted and what was wrong with it. If you bought from auction you may have some redress. I take it the DVLA hasn't a local depot where you could take it for inspection, we used to take cars on a trailer for "cherished number "transfer etc. or where a special has been built and needs authenticating.

Hi, I have had the van for over 2 years, done an mot check before I bought it and have a load of past mot tickets when I bought the van.
In that case to me the choices are , someone has done a cloning exercise using your vehicle or DVLA has put the wrong details in to the computer which I would think more likely. Especially given they are still undermanned after Covid / working from home etc.
The trouble is DVLA will infer it is your fault or problem thus putting the onus on you to prove the information and have all the hassle sorting it out.:(

Problem solved, the DVLA told me who scrapped the van, they where very helpful and the mechanic told me where to find the stamped vin number. It is under a flap below the offside wiper. I sent this off to the DVLA and the van was reinstated so now back on the road. I did not find what was scrapped.

Back