Technical What BSM for my Scudo ?

Currently reading:
Technical What BSM for my Scudo ?

belzeb

Hello everyone!

Im in a need of help sorting out my 2011 Scudo.
Bought it as nonrunner, mainly for parts to complete my other Scudo, but then decided to try and fix it.
Basically fuel pressure sensor returns P0193, but it would be to easy to just change the sensor, right? Right. so far changed sensor, regulator on the pump, ECU, found some burned/shorted wires in a loom close to EGR. No joy. Still P0193 and no diesel going to injectors.
Live data shows pressure of 323 bars (!) with sensor plugged or not.
I have noticed today that sometimes it drops to 0 when I unplug fuel regulator on pump, but not every time. Followed wires from regulator and one goes to BSM and BSM was made in 2013 (van has 2011 plate) so it is not original part.

Is there someone who can tell me what BSM number I need by VIN number? there are many to choose from, tried some random ones while back but no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
belzeb

Hello everyone!

Im in a need of help sorting out my 2011 Scudo.
Bought it as nonrunner, mainly for parts to complete my other Scudo, but then decided to try and fix it.
Basically fuel pressure sensor returns P0193, but it would be to easy to just change the sensor, right? Right. so far changed sensor, regulator on the pump, ECU, found some burned/shorted wires in a loom close to EGR. No joy. Still P0193 and no diesel going to injectors.
Live data shows pressure of 323 bars (!) with sensor plugged or not.
I have noticed today that sometimes it drops to 0 when I unplug fuel regulator on pump, but not every time. Followed wires from regulator and one goes to BSM and BSM was made in 2013 (van has 2011 plate) so it is not original part.

Is there someone who can tell me what BSM number I need by VIN number? there are many to choose from, tried some random ones while back but no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
belzeb
No specific knowledge, I have a 2010 2 litre Scudo 120 LWB with the Peugeot RHK engine and from memory 320 Bar was fine for starting.
I did see a uTube video of a blocked return filter in a injector pump causing high pressure along with details of fixing it so may be not uncommon.
If yours has the Peugeot engine you may get more detail from that Forum, I did re heater plug relay pin outs etc.
I had to change a BCM body computer module on a Fiat Punto Evo due to a previous owners attempt to repair a seat sensor shorting the module, Once the fault was fixed I fitted a new unused BCM and set it up "proxi alignment" using a Snap On Zeus.
You probably already know a second hand BCM and ECUs unless "virginised" will have original vehicle data so will not work.

No specific knowledge, I have a 2010 2 litre Scudo 120 LWB with the Peugeot RHK engine and from memory 320 Bar was fine for starting.
I did see a uTube video of a blocked return filter in a injector pump causing high pressure along with details of fixing it so may be not uncommon.
If yours has the Peugeot engine you may get more detail from that Forum, I did re heater plug relay pin outs etc.
I had to change a BCM body computer module on a Fiat Punto Evo due to a previous owners attempt to repair a seat sensor shorting the module, Once the fault was fixed I fitted a new unused BCM and set it up "proxi alignment" using a Snap On Zeus.
You probably already know a second hand BCM and ECUs unless "virginised" will have original vehicle data so will not work.
Hi, thanks for info. ECU has been copied so it has original map, according to electrician there is nothing in BSM that can be copied (unlike BSI).
As for the diesel pressure value, I just have checked on working Scudo and it runs at 350 bar on idle and drops to 7 when engine off.
Problem I have with non runner is diesel pressure showing constant 320, even when not turning, sensor disconnected or another sensor plugged without rail. So It must be an electrical issue.
If I will have right BCM then I can investigate further.

Oh, I see , I thought you meant just when cranking.
Strange one that, though you mentioned burnt wiring etc.
I did have another Fiat , a Punto 1.3 multijet that wouldn't operate the starter or fuel pump in tank and the cause was a wire that triggered the relay rotted through inside the plastic sheathing a few mill from the ECU.
Are you getting any U**** fault Canbus codes as they take a signal from a twisted pair of wires and if repaired wrongly can give a faulty signal.
I believe they are often used for sensor reading.

Hi, thank you. Didn't have a time to work on it yet and need to borrow better diagnostic tool. Hopefully next week, will update ASAP.

Back