New Feature Video file attachment support added

Currently reading:
New Feature Video file attachment support added

1_uCJnIQHhXvjq-hzwSzDySg.jpeg

Not every problem can be diagnosed by looking at photos, sometimes you need to see the problem in action.

Before we relied on YouTube uploads and links to allow videos on the forum, but from today this in no longer necessary :)

You can now attach video files directly to threads / posts / guides / wherever and they will be stored on the forum servers, so no worries about them going missing in the future, hurrah!

There's a 50MB limit at the moment which should cover most uploads (unless everyone is sending 4K :eek:) - but we can look at modifying that in the future if need be.

Told you years ago to increase the stupidly low file size limit for GIF files, especially animated ones. While wasting server space for enormous JPEG files (30-50 MB limit or so).
This would be ideal for such situations (where still picture is not enough, you just want to show some movement, parameters change, leak or whatever)...
Now you're a "savior" (resolving problem you've refused to address long time ago). Just like politicians do.

Told you years ago to increase the stupidly low file size limit for GIF files, especially animated ones. While wasting server space for enormous JPEG files (30-50 MB limit or so).
I don't think the system differentiates between attachment types (except for video and non video), should be 100mb for everything

I'll check when I get home.

Back