Technical Very slow panda Trekking

Currently reading:
Technical Very slow panda Trekking

If the timing is ok once you've checked it maybe try removing the cat and than running it. I'm not sure what the exhaust layout is on a trekking but on my selecta the lambda is on the down pipe and the cat under the middle of the car. Just taking the lambda sensor out might not relieve enough pressure if the cats that far back and it's blocked up?

Any chance you've been running on low petrol level, fill up on the way back home and the failure occured shortly after that? According to above pdf file poor/low fuel quality may give your symptons as well.

Other pottential causes are as follow:
- blocked fuel circuit,
- blocked catalitic converter,
- low compression,
- slipping clutch,
- poor petrol quality.

Last edited:
I think the problem has now been identified (y) The timing is 3 teeth out, that's good enough to me to be the cause of the lack of strength in this untamed beast. AKA Predator

I do hope it is I'm sure the ECU has been having a blood fit trying to remedy the breach of information it has been getting, or am I kidding my self into a false sense of security.

If it is the fault then predator is going to be better off for a new canister petrol filter yep it has its own unique one on order from Fiat. A new set of plug leads and two new coil packs just as back up.

Just for information I never run below a quarter of petrol and usually have 10-15Lts spare on board.

Back to the old days of taking spare parts in to boot or on the roof rack, I have long given that up not any more.

Thanks to all of you with the advice even I forget things mind you I have just hit the big 60 so as a pensioner and granddad I should be allowed some tolerance from you young guys ;)

I think the problem has now been identified (y) The timing is 3 teeth out, that's good enough to me to be the cause of the lack of strength in this untamed beast. AKA Predator

I do hope it is I'm sure the ECU has been having a blood fit trying to remedy the breach of information it has been getting,

glad to hear you've sussed it..(y)

I've had them 2 teeth out and 7 teeth out before,
2 teeth is FLAT - runs o.k. - just no "ooomph"

7 teeth..just cranks,
doesn't even attempt to fire..assumed it was fuel pump / sullpy issue:bang:

good to hear that it is effected by the hot / COLD ECU set-ups,;)
charlie

Allen
Glad to hear I am not the only golden oldie on the forum.
I passed 60 in February and now desperatley need a new ball joint (hip) for the 3rd time.

I think so long as you know where you left your keys you will be fine.
If you can't then the wife will lock you out!
Dave

Hi Dave

My Grandson is my key whisperer I always loosing the dam things, they ought to make the ten times bigger so you trip over the beggars.

William has found three sets of missing car keys in as many weeks.

He just has not found my 13mm ring open-ended spanner he had last.

The moment of truth on the TREKKING will be tomorrow fingers crossed it is the jumped timing belt. (y) (y)

Kind Regard

Allen

Hi Dave

My Grandson is my key whisperer I always loosing the dam things, they ought to make the ten times bigger so you trip over the beggars.

William has found three sets of missing car keys in as many weeks.

He just has not found my 13mm ring open-ended spanner he had last.

The moment of truth on the TREKKING will be tomorrow fingers crossed it is the jumped timing belt. (y) (y)

Kind Regard

Allen

Is this big enough for you Allen :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 20
Latest update rain stopped play :cry: I'm hoping Wednesday is the day this week to sort Predator out. I chickened out of the windy open barn doors idea at the weekend, plus my grease monkey assistant was unavailable.

I have him booked for this Wednesday afternoon provided he has no homework to do as that comes first.

I'll prep the car ready to take the cam belt off so he can see what has to be done to access it, and how to retime it and retention the belt correctly.

Very latest update before rain stopped me twice this afternoon belt is off (y) now the problem set up the timing marks at fly wheel and cam shaft (y) But the replacement belts I have 150 teeth Trekking belt 126teeth, thicker teeth and belt thickness.

You could pull a wagon with it easy.

Re the fuel cut off both our auto panda and the Trekking have a protective outer cover to stop accidental triggering.

However the auto did let me down when I went to restart it outside a car alarm shop she refused, I was lucky the fuel cut off switch had engaged killed the fuel. Why it did it I do not know to this day I'd hit nothing or been bumped by another. Press the button down and she started an has ever since :D

Back