Technical Very slow panda Trekking

Currently reading:
Technical Very slow panda Trekking

As most of you know I/we had a very slow transported home with the AA but we got home nearly six hours after the car said enough is enough :cry:

So my grandson and I when he gets back from school and homework done will attempt to sort out the problem.

Trekking was running fine until she missed a heart beat for a split second my heart dropped soon after and I put it down to not pushing the gas peddle down enough :confused: No I was kidding my self she got slower and slower just un safe to continue.

I have never been so out of my comfort zone good I could hear nothing due to traffic noise, and wagons/car passing so close.

So here is the challenge car did not cut out did not stall or lock up, ticks over ok with a minor tremble when idling will rev up no problem.

The main issue to be sorted she has no gut's/power under normal car load max speed 10-15mph so what do you think is the part/s causing the problem ???????????

Let me know your ideas please asap or before 4.30pm that when I will attempt to sort the problem :worship:

Forgot to say the Trekking is fitted with a SPI unit and of course an electric pump in fuel tank. Don't forget the did not stall and revved up no problem when parked in neutral.

New update I know what it is not I think second hand coil pack fitted no change. Second hand plug leads no change, new petrol filter no change. Slowly running out of options going to change spark plugs but I can not see them as being the problem?

As soon as car is up to normal running temperature she slowly looses power and we are down to a crawl :yuck: Going to take petrol filler cap out as it might be two air tight?

I had a similar thing happen to my missus's daihatsu Cuore

(I really dont think this is what has happened to your car or it would be making a hell of a racket, but I want to put this out there anyways)

An oil seal blew on it and steph kept driving for longer than she should have as she was a district nurse at the time and was trying to get to the next village over (she panicked basically), so unfortunetly due to the engine running for a prolonged time with next to no oil the big end bearing went. This caused the car to lose all its power even after the oil seals were sorted and shortly after (we couldnt afford another car at the time) I was driving it and the power decreased to the point it would not move above 20 mph, but luckily by then we could afford another car (used her car for short journeys till I had enough money for another car).

As I said I doubt this relates to your problem, but maybe it might inspire someone else to think of something?

Possible new solution blocked or stuffed catalytic convertor :cry: but I have a new stock one (y) going to take lambda sensor out as suggested by my mechanic friend and see if it will rev out :confused: I'm sure he will explain what he means :worship:

Kind Regards

Allen

Please start from checking timing marks, possibly one tooth off or loose tensioner pulley.
If marks are still in place, I would point towards blocked cat or petrol sender unit/hp pump clogged.
Is the lambda before or after cat?

Last edited:
If it's doable, undo the bottom pipe/cat from the down pipe and have a short loud ride, meanwhile whae a read thru attached file.

Tip for tonight, disconnect battery and leave it disconnected overnight, believe me or not but there is "lumpy" mode already in it.

Attachments

• 10 MOTORE - ALIMENTAZIONE - GAMMA '92.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
Hi Allen,

By taking the Lambda sensor out you are giving the exhaust gases a way out if the cat is blocked, therefore the engine should rev and run normally, if a little noisily, I think this what your friend means by "rev out".

If this isn't the problem I would be looking at the tank sender unit and fuel pump for faults/blockages. I have known the rubber ring that holds the fuel pump deteriorate and clog up the system. Don't forget that replacing the fuel filter will stop future dirt getting through but you may have some already in the spi unit so that will need cleaning too.

Hi Vernon

I was just about to go to bed with happy thoughts now I think I'm going to :cry: Its a long story bur the tank was changed about four years ago and the garage who changed it for me buggered up two valves at each of corner of it trying to pull them out with vice grips, to bugger one up is bad enough is beyond belief.

It only pot another £100 on the job in parts, the rubber locking ring that holds them in place no longer available :cry: so I could have been dead in the water very with his inexperience.

It is looking more and more like the cat :eek:

I'll try to calm my self down now (y) only joking god bless pandas we love you all (y)

Please start from checking timing marks, possibly one tooth off or loose tensioner pulley.
If marks are still in place, I would point towards blocked cat or petrol sender unit/hp pump clogged.
Is the lambda before or after cat?

:yeahthat:

Victoria has slipped her belt in the past, and I think Purplehaze has had this happen once before also.

On Victoria she idled almost spot on, and revved fairly well when not under load but no power at all when being driven.

For the sake of removing the cover it's easier and quicker to check than replacing the CAT on the off chance.

This afternoon I'm going to check the timing has not jumped a tooth or two would be nice if it has, but if its ok the cat is looking like being the problem :cry: If it is I'll do the metal heater pipe at the front that needs changing before it starts leaking, prevention is better than cure.

Does sound like a cat problem but hope its something simpler!
It was really nice talking pandas with you earlier (y) if my son hadn't woken I think we'd still be on the phone now! With all the parts you have I think you should have Panda Camp at your place with the best auto jumble ever :D

Ok latest update its not the cat. I removed the lambda sensor and the problem came straight back. Next step check timing and hope its out one or more teeth :worship: If its not out I running out of possible parts failure :confused:

I have a brand new twin coils packs that arrived this morning, and some brand new plug leads to change the ones I used of another panda.

Last thought crank position sensor? Run the car in pitch black and see if it shows anything up

I have to agree with you it goes against all logic. I'm pining my hopes on the timing belt jumping either one or more teeth.

I'll post a update when I've snatched a sandwich on gone back to check the timing please please be out :worship:

That would then cut the chase, got to live in hope.

Also run it when its pitch black outside.

Back