Technical Various problems with my 2002 HGT

Currently reading:
Technical Various problems with my 2002 HGT

I agree with dave the linkage for the wipers is naff!Mine broke as I was driving on a main road and I had to look out the passenger side of the windscreen driving home. I had to go to the fiat dealer in cork and he charged me 60euros for a little washer!!!!! :mad: to keep the joint in place.

Hi all. Glad to see my first post has caused such a lively debate! :p

Thanks to everyone for the responses, I am in touch with the dealer and it looks like we may have an agreement with the variator being fixed under warranty. Fingers crossed eh. (y)

Will keep you all posted.

pimpmypunto said:
I agree with dave the linkage for the wipers is naff!
Coop wipers are poor too. :mad: I'd hate to be driving in the wet at 120 when the driver's side wiper fails :rolleyes: Must be a Fiat thing.
H

JoeF said:
Hi all. Glad to see my first post has caused such a lively debate! :p

Thanks to everyone for the responses, I am in touch with the dealer and it looks like we may have an agreement with the variator being fixed under warranty. Fingers crossed eh. (y)

Will keep you all posted.

Well, here is that update for you! Its taken since May, and may arguments, but the warrantly company have finally agreed to fix my variator!!! :D It will be done today. Phew. What they won't do is fix the airconditioning or the rear brake bads which are non warranty items. Oh well, off to the local garage for that to be fixed!

I think what clinched it with the warranty comoany was a hand written note from a mechanic who recommended the variator be looked at, as it was "starting to make a noise, as expected on these models" - this was at the 2nd year service! Keep that paperwork guys!

Cheers

Joe

i have an HGT . Diesel sound with car with old cam +timing belts meant £1000 to sort out. Camshaft variator apparently a problem with HGT`s and certain Alfas . all belts apparently need changing if engine miles high . Sad thing is had the work done , and now the same thing has happened again . great engine when its running right but this is too much . Hopefully garage will pay just to have variator changed and not all belts ,this time as belts just been replaced .

Back