General Various issues!

Currently reading:
General Various issues!

RhysThomass

The first issue I have under the bonnet of my Punto is the Mould on the underside of the bonnet pictured here:

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662040.248831.jpg ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662056.095868.jpg ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662069.549885.jpg ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662083.179127.jpg

Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions? Should I just take it off all together as when I had the car the mould was horrific, very horrible and now has come back after me cleaning It a couple of months ago!:/

Second Issue is the Bonnet catch it's very rusty and looks very dingey and mingning:/

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662275.778155.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662298.120369.jpg

And the Last issue I have is where the battery sits It has gone very rusty:/

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662463.746250.jpg

Any suggestions? Thanks Rhys!

Clean?

Seriously though, spray on detox mould killer (bleach solution)

Remove bonnet catch, degrease, paint, regrease.

Ditto battery tray.

AndyRKett

i'd just hot pressure wash it/steam clean it won't do it any harm and if hot enough will kill the bugs causing the mould.

the catch i would give a healthy coat of rust converter then a good covering of 3 in 1

battery tray I would use rust converter again and give a coat of satin black paint

The Engine bay heat carpet - missing on alot of cars....

i'd give it a good darn scrub with a mould killer

Trouble is - it gets wet - then dries out in a moist steamy engine bay = Perfect for mould to form

---

The battery tray
Either wire wheel it clean or send it off for sandblast and repowder coat

the bonnet catch - i took mine off and stuck it in a red hot bucket of water with a dishwasher tablet in it

Leave to soak - then get the elbows in to clean the grease right off

Be surprised it may not look as rusty.... but again wire wheel and treat/spray

Ziggy

OP
OP
RhysThomass

RhysThomass

Cheers for the replies guys:) and Ziggy how much did you pay for the number plate surrounds? Thanks Rhys:)

Cheers for the replies guys:) and Ziggy how much did you pay for the number plate surrounds? Thanks Rhys:)

erm i cant remember, it was between £15 and £20

But they were originally chrome effect..... which well.... peeled/chipped off

So i sanded them back heavily and then sprayed them black on the edge (still chrome in the middle like) and they look okay :)

Ziggy

OP
OP
RhysThomass

RhysThomass

erm i cant remember, it was between £15 and £20

But they were originally chrome effect..... which well.... peeled/chipped off

So i sanded them back heavily and then sprayed them black on the edge (still chrome in the middle like) and they look okay :)

Ziggy

Ahhh okay mate ill order some now off eBay or amazon make the car look much nicer:)x