General Various issues!

Currently reading:
General Various issues!

RhysThomass

The first issue I have under the bonnet of my Punto is the Mould on the underside of the bonnet pictured here:

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662040.248831.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662056.095868.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662069.549885.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662083.179127.jpg

Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions? Should I just take it off all together as when I had the car the mould was horrific, very horrible and now has come back after me cleaning It a couple of months ago!:/

Second Issue is the Bonnet catch it's very rusty and looks very dingey and mingning:/

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662275.778155.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662298.120369.jpg

And the Last issue I have is where the battery sits It has gone very rusty:/

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1380662463.746250.jpg

Any suggestions? Thanks Rhys!

i'd just hot pressure wash it/steam clean it won't do it any harm and if hot enough will kill the bugs causing the mould.

the catch i would give a healthy coat of rust converter then a good covering of 3 in 1

battery tray I would use rust converter again and give a coat of satin black paint

The Engine bay heat carpet - missing on alot of cars....

i'd give it a good darn scrub with a mould killer

Trouble is - it gets wet - then dries out in a moist steamy engine bay = Perfect for mould to form

---

The battery tray
Either wire wheel it clean or send it off for sandblast and repowder coat

the bonnet catch - i took mine off and stuck it in a red hot bucket of water with a dishwasher tablet in it

Leave to soak - then get the elbows in to clean the grease right off

Be surprised it may not look as rusty.... but again wire wheel and treat/spray

Ziggy

Cheers for the replies guys:) and Ziggy how much did you pay for the number plate surrounds? Thanks Rhys:)

Cheers for the replies guys:) and Ziggy how much did you pay for the number plate surrounds? Thanks Rhys:)

erm i cant remember, it was between £15 and £20

But they were originally chrome effect..... which well.... peeled/chipped off

So i sanded them back heavily and then sprayed them black on the edge (still chrome in the middle like) and they look okay :)

Ziggy

erm i cant remember, it was between £15 and £20

But they were originally chrome effect..... which well.... peeled/chipped off

So i sanded them back heavily and then sprayed them black on the edge (still chrome in the middle like) and they look okay :)

Ziggy

Ahhh okay mate ill order some now off eBay or amazon make the car look much nicer:)x

Back