Technical Variator Question

Currently reading:
Technical Variator Question

Voko

Hi All,

Went to change my sparkplugs today and realised I've been driving around without the variator connected for a while. Probably left it off when I'd last cleaned up connectors etc. To be honest I hadn't noticed any difference, it still seemed pretty perky. :)

Should I have noticed a big difference? Any way I can check it is operating? Also where is the variator relay located?

I've plugged it back in now, for the drive to work tomorrow, so will see if there's any difference I can tell!

Thanks

Mike

Just found this.
To test Variator if it still has life in it do this: With engine warm, press throttle gently until the rev counter reaches 3000rpm and try to stabilise there. IF from the 3000rpm point the engine revs itself then the Variator is still viable.

To test Variator if it still has life in it do this: With engine warm, press throttle gently until the rev counter reaches 3000rpm and try to stabilise there. IF from the 3000rpm point the engine revs itself then the Variator is still viable.

Well, you learn something every day!

Tried it this morning and it behaved exactly as described. Tried to hold it at 3000rpm on the throttle, and revs slowly increased by itself.

Couldn't tell a huge difference in how it drove with the variator connected (perhaps slightly better mid range, but I could have imagined that), I guess that's one less thing to tinker with! :D

Back