Technical Door locking question

Currently reading:
Technical Door locking question

sspyder02

Hi all. Wondered if anyone can answer this for me. When I use the key in the passenger door it unlocks and locks both doors but when I use the drivers side it will lock both doors but will only unlock the drivers side. Is this normal or could something be wrong with the drivers side lock? Thanks.

Just a thought, but that would be as though it was originally sold with the steering wheel on the other side, so maybe it was converted?
Perhaps others on Forum have thoughts on this.
My Doblo does as you describe but steering wheel matches the operation.;)

Just a thought, but that would be as though it was originally sold with the steering wheel on the other side, so maybe it was converted?
Perhaps others on Forum have thoughts on this.
My Doblo does as you describe but steering wheel matches the operation.;)
Thanks for the reply. My understanding is they were only made in lhd and my car was originally registered in Belgium before being imported into Portugal.

I guess something is wrong with the drivers side lock. What does the inner button do, will it lock both doors or just drivers?
The manual also says: If one of the doors is not shut properly or there is a failure in the system, the central locking feature will not work and, after some attempts, the device stops working for around two minutes. In these two minutes the doors can be locked or unlocked manually without the electrical system coming into play. After the two minutes the control unit is ready to receive commands once more. If the reason for the malfunction has been removed, the device will start to work properly again.

Regarding RHD, it was only very few that were officially converted. Probably collectibles now : )

Hi all. Wondered if anyone can answer this for me. When I use the key in the passenger door it unlocks and locks both doors but when I use the drivers side it will lock both doors but will only unlock the drivers side. Is this normal or could something be wrong with the drivers side lock? Thanks.
I’m fairly sure I’ve had a car with this “feature “ in the past. The thinking behind it was that it would stop an intruder getting in the passenger side as that door remains locked.

I guess something is wrong with the drivers side lock. What does the inner button do, will it lock both doors or just drivers?
The manual also says: If one of the doors is not shut properly or there is a failure in the system, the central locking feature will not work and, after some attempts, the device stops working for around two minutes. In these two minutes the doors can be locked or unlocked manually without the electrical system coming into play. After the two minutes the control unit is ready to receive commands once more. If the reason for the malfunction has been removed, the device will start to work properly again.

Regarding RHD, it was only very few that were officially converted. Probably collectibles now : )
Hi thanks for replying. If I'm in the car with both doors unlocked and press the switch on the drivers door handle both doors lock. If I then open the drivers door with the interior handle only the drivers door opens, the passenger door remains locked. But when both doors are locked and I lean across and open the passenger door the drivers door unlocks. Beginning to think an electrical fault on the drivers door lock.

I’m fairly sure I’ve had a car with this “feature “ in the past. The thinking behind it was that it would stop an intruder getting in the passenger side as that door remains locked.
I thought that, but was hoping another Barchetta owner could tell me what theirs does before I take the door card off.

Back