General Using the correct oil

Currently reading:
General Using the correct oil

Here is a link to the selenia home site make sure you use the correct grade of oil in your engine ..my 1.2 was recently serviced by fiat and they have filled with the incorrect grade of oil [wide range ] and not the 20k as recomended on the home site :mad:

http://www.flitalia.it/en/fl/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Just had a quick look... it only shows the 1.6 stilo in multiwagon... and lists 5w-40 oil recommended... im using 10w-40 mobil1... ???

EDIT: panda section oops!!

Last edited:
Here is a link to the selenia home site make sure you use the correct grade of oil in your engine ..my 1.2 was recently serviced by fiat and they have filled with the incorrect grade of oil [wide range ] and not the 20k as recomended on the home site :mad:

Does the oil follow the specifications described in the manual (SAE 10W-40 ACEA A3 and API SL for all engines except the Multijet)?
It doesn't have to be Selenia 20K (Fiat only recommends using it), as long as the oil they use follow the specifications describes by Fiat you're fine.
My local Fiat dealer uses Q8 oil and not Selenia but it still follows the specifications.

Does the oil follow the specifications described in the manual (SAE 10W-40 ACEA A3 and API SL for all engines except the Multijet)?
It doesn't have to be Selenia 20K (Fiat only recommends using it), as long as the oil they use follow the specifications describes by Fiat you're fine.
My local Fiat dealer uses Q8 oil and not Selenia but it still follows the specifications.

They used a wide range 5w 40 in my 1.2 and I think its much to thin for the 1.2 ..it states a 10W 40 on the site ..luckily I bought a can of the 20K before they discontinued it ..dealer told me that 10w 40 wont be used in the cars service at fiat dealers in the future and only the 5w 40 will be stocked for servicing :eek: this oil is not suitable for all the different engines in the fiat range so best to check what they are using if your car is serviced by fiat in the future..

i cant recomend it to others as i don't want yous blaming me if your engine blows up, but ive been using 0w/40 granville for 50k miles changing around every 6k and have had no problems.

been using 10w/40 in sharons car same engine and hers sounds noisy when you start it before the oil gets aroung the engine, and hers is a lot newer engine than mine

i was talking to carl at lc's cwmbran, he said fiat have stated all cars to use wide range oil except the new 500 and older diesels, they have some of the older oils in stock though.
i'm using 5w-40 inthe punto jtd and cinq sporting and both are fine jtd gained 8mpg on mway, might try 0w-40 next to see if it gets any better

Back