Technical USB Hub not Supported

Currently reading:
Technical USB Hub not Supported

hss19

I have a 500X Pop which came with a very basic monochrome stereo, which wasn't touchscreen.

I popped that out and replaced it with a Sony CarPlay headunit, connected up with the appropriate kit from Connects2.

At the moment, I have the USB cable from the Sony running into the glove compartment, and then terminating near the cigarette lighter.

I had hoped to get the OEM USB socket working. I bought an appropriate connector off Amazon. However, when I connect my phone up through it the Sony displays the message 'USB hub not supported.'

Does anyone know why this is the case? And, is there a solution?

I'm guessing that either the OEM USB socket and AUX port are combined into one cable and/or there is a second USB socket hidden somewhere for the dealer?

I have a 500X Pop which came with a very basic monochrome stereo, which wasn't touchscreen.

I popped that out and replaced it with a Sony CarPlay headunit, connected up with the appropriate kit from Connects2.

At the moment, I have the USB cable from the Sony running into the glove compartment, and then terminating near the cigarette lighter.

I had hoped to get the OEM USB socket working. I bought an appropriate connector off Amazon. However, when I connect my phone up through it the Sony displays the message 'USB hub not supported.'

Does anyone know why this is the case? And, is there a solution?

I'm guessing that either the OEM USB socket and AUX port are combined into one cable and/or there is a second USB socket hidden somewhere for the dealer?

I'm not sure it will answer your problem, but does your car have a central armrest? You may find another USB Port hidden in there, under the 'lid'.

No armrest I’m afraid. I had a good scan of the central area and unfortunately no USB port to solve this riddle.

No armrest I’m afraid. I had a good scan of the central area and unfortunately no USB port to solve this riddle.

is the USB stick in the correct format?

It may be a question best put to Sony

Last edited:
Thanks all, it is actually my iPhone rather than a USB stick.

It works when it is plugged directly into the cable that comes out of the back of the Sony headunit.

However, when I connected Sony cable --> adapter --> Fiat OEM USB port cable
it comes up with the 'USB hub not supported message'

I got in touch with Sony a few weeks back, but they weren't able to elaborate on the USB hub message.

Thanks all, it is actually my iPhone rather than a USB stick.

It works when it is plugged directly into the cable that comes out of the back of the Sony headunit.

However, when I connected Sony cable --> adapter --> Fiat OEM USB port cable
it comes up with the 'USB hub not supported message'

I got in touch with Sony a few weeks back, but they weren't able to elaborate on the USB hub message.

I don't have an iPhone thankfully, but some products are not happy with non Apple cables. Have you got a genuine Apple cable you can try?

Back