General Urgent- wiper motor needed lhd

Currently reading:
General Urgent- wiper motor needed lhd

Your mechanism is seized. I would guess one of the wiper spindles is seized up
Undo both spindle nuts on the outside of the car (under wiper blade) and mechanism will drop out.
Should all move very easily
If not - there's your problem

Your mechanism is seized. I would guess one of the wiper spindles is seized up
Undo both spindle nuts on the outside of the car (under wiper blade) and mechanism will drop out.
Should all move very easily
If not - there's your problem

Ok thx do I have to take out whole motor again for mechanism to drop? I have put I back on

Andrew you re a top man your advice worked a treat thankfullynin time for MOT
The mechanism was seriously rusted nothing was moving at all just lucky I did not cause more damage with trial and error
Blasted about half of the no jonsense screwfox pen oil can and everything started turning again and I got wipers great stuff thanks ever so much
Only issue is I lost the retaining clip yes I know but even though I really tried it got lost so I have temp cable around it but will need a more perm fix for that any advice wheee I could get one of those ?

I had this happen on an Alfa Spider I had. Mechanism did not seize but slowed down so much the wipers were useless. You need to clean everything up real good. Use Marine grease to lubricate (made for boat trailers and boats). Marine grease will not wash out over time.
John

Back