Technical Rebuilding pedal box for 500 F (LHD)

Currently reading:
Technical Rebuilding pedal box for 500 F (LHD)

hansblix2001

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had rebuilt their pedal box on their 500? I’ve removed it from the car and am trying to work out how to take it apart without breaking it.

It looks like you have to remove a type of split pin from the securing bolt at one end (see photo below) but wanted to check in case I’m wrong!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• FD0F41BA-7401-4219-BB97-A8918E64D21E.jpeg
    FD0F41BA-7401-4219-BB97-A8918E64D21E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had rebuilt their pedal box on their 500? I’ve removed it from the car and am trying to work out how to take it apart without breaking it.

It looks like you have to remove a type of split pin from the securing bolt at one end (see photo below) but wanted to check in case I’m wrong!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
It is not a 'split-pin',it is a 'roll-pin'. They are made of spring-steel and initially are fractionally thicker than the holes that they are to go into. The slot down the middle of the pin allows the pin to slightly contract but retain outward pressure. They can be removed with a matching size of pin-punch or drift----if the removing pin is smaller than the roll-pin you risk spreading the end of the pin, and then it can be a real pain to remove, so be careful. If the pin cleans uo OK, you can re-use it.

Back