Urgent Insurance Help required

Currently reading:
Urgent Insurance Help required

simonmac

OK, i need to renew my insurance tomorrow on the B, I have had a theft claim on the stereo of another car in June 2008 and my B insurance has gone through the roof. from £400 with myself (34) and Girlfriend (25) on it fully comp, upto £1000 now. I had no no claims on the car before so that is unchanged. I have 2 other cars and I have tried Admiral Mutli car but that turns out no cheaper at all.

So, can you guys recommend anyone? i live in a quiet area in the south east, do about 10k miles a year, and would like to put some lowering springs on that i currently have under my desk. maybe some alloys next year.

can you provide some names? i have been searching all over and the quotes are just stupid, at this rate the B is going to be up for sale before the weekend.

thanks in advance.

have you tried Chris Knot - they'll beat your best quote by 10% - i forgot to do it this year... d'oh!
0800 917 2274 (quoting FIAT Forum)

i used gocompare.com and got a good deal from privilege - it would have been even better with the 10% off it.

Worth a try. Good luck!

I used moneysupermarket.com to compare prices and then went directly to the cheapest insurers to see if I could get it any cheaper - eventually I think I settled with morethan who insured the wife and I for about £280-ish......

forgot to say my privilege premium was £430 inc. full UK home and roadside breakdown cover. i am 34 and have 3 points :mad:. will definitely see if chris knott can beat it next year...

Silverbarchetta - 11 points = ouch, i feel for you.

Thanks everyone, i'll try the above mentioned.

I tried gocompare and got £558 from Admiral

I am a bit reluctant to use some of these compare sites as last time i used confused.com i got phone calls about 20 times a day from one perticular company and i got a bit pee'd off with them to say the least. however i must admit today i used one of my pay as you go phones that i never use as the contact.

i will try chris knott for sure as i seem to hear this name an aweful lot. i'd quite happily pay £600 fully comp with a good company if this could include the lowering springs. But insurance companies seem to really go stupid with mods at the moment, they put my zx7r bike insurance up from £200 to £1500 for putting a performance end can on, changing the brake levers and puting a tinted screen on, i thought that was extremly excessive.

Back