Urgent help need with alarm

Currently reading:
Urgent help need with alarm

Tweedbean

Va Va Vroom
Hi I have the Avital Maxx3 fitted to my seicento and the remote no longer works, going to try a new battery. But if this does not work, how do I disconnect the alarm from the car for now as I need to use the car? and the alarms built in immobilizer will not switch off.

There must be a small hidden button somewhere. Try the fuse box, or somewhere under the dash. You press this button and start the car. This button bypass the alarm.

If you do not find such button, try to google(com) the operation manual.

this goes for everyone with an alarm..

if your remotes are randomly 'dropping out' and not working any more theres no point coding them in again until you fix the problem at hand which is an unstable power supply to the alarm itself. the memory for the remotes is stored in an electronically erasable memory so if its got a wavering supply it will erase. 90% of my time at work is spent dealing with that... it happens non stop :mad:

you MUST have a wire run from the alarm module DIRECTLY to the battery without relays and other things hanging off it. i would consider it next to impossible for a remote to loose the code with this setup.

btw out of curiousity how does the alarm systems over in the uk work? i read something about you need the manufacturer to code them in for you? WTF?!

I havent come across that problem much although it is a possibility, id start with the battery though..,
one of the most common probs with remote failure is caused by people pressing the button harder when it doesnt work due to low battery and then damaging the soldering points on the PCB.,.,

btw out of curiousity how does the alarm systems over in the uk work? i read something about you need the manufacturer to code them in for you? WTF?!
Only if they are the original factory fited ones..,.

i've installed and removed several aftermarket alarms and never once come across a problem with the base unit losing the remotes. they usually work on a standard rolling code setup where each time you press the remote button it sends the next code in the sequence. the sequence will be made up from thousands or millions of codes. to make sure the remote and base unit remain paired there is a 256 code allowance, so you can press the remote up to 255 times with the base unit unpowered and it will still work. the base unit's memory will keep the last received code even when power is cut for some time, and will accept any code up to 256 after than in the sequence. every time the remote is used the code marker in memory is changed to keep the remote and base unit paired. i've had alarms sat in my garage for years and they still worked again first time.

sometimes if the remote's battery goes flat the remote will forget which code it was previously using. this will force it start at the beginning of the code sequence again. this doesnt happen on all remotes, but it happens on many of them. when this happens you need to reset the base unit so t it will be again paired with the remote. how you do that depends on the base unit. on many of them you need to press a button, or swap the live and earth, or remove a small watch type battery from inside for a few minutes.

I have a seicento and am looking to get an alarm system on it. The one am looking at requires negative door trigger. Since you have the same car I was wondering if you knew if the seicento has this??

Back