urgent help... Derby

Currently reading:
urgent help... Derby

yeah I just got a bit fed up of not being able to drive it. Was off the road with problems 3 times within a month of me buying it and the HG was the final straw heh. Lost around £700 on the price I paid for it (n) I was crying all the way to the bank :cry:

Angel, I'de offer the marea recovery service but tbh its a good 30-45mins drive down the A50 from here to the motorway so probs about an hour before I get there, at which point, tom could have been on his way. Also I aint got the petrol :cry:

thanks for the offers of help, if only you'd all be nearer!

well he's home now, defrosted lol

will just be a bit expensive and WILL have breakdown cover on new car :D

Why dont people join the AA?
How much is it for the AA? im on a business plan :)
so i dont pay nothing car isnt even used for bussiness use

Bad luck tho I would hate to be stranded

Last edited:
I would have payed that
Might get it for my grandad for his birthday when it is
I cant get him it for christmass cause he cant drive for 6 weeks i need to go see him about a driving rotor

About £40 will get you basic cover with RAC/AA. Spread over a year that's not a lot if you consider how much it costs to transport a car, and yourself.

Bear in mind that the cover may not get you home. Around £70 a year's needed for that I think.

But yes Im back, £100 or so lighter.

Car's definately goosed. I think she wanted to throw me a curve-ball TBH

Kay, how the hell has that happened? If that driveshaft's the right length that is technically impossible...

i have aa cover with the garage where i got my car from, and rac with my insurance :D

most insurance companies will offer breakdown cover with the policies to tempt you :p

its quite simple to put the drive shaft back in... but obviously it might just pop out again. As said by just about everyone, its basically impossible for it to just pop out like that lmao...

take the wheel off, unbolt the shock from the hub (2 bolts) then manover the hub so that u can lift the drive shaft back up and pop it back into its cup. then bolt everything back up and get a metal cable tie or similar to secure back on the CV boot (before you do though, make sure uve put new grease on as it looks like urs has splattered everywhere) and ur done.

just spotted this thread. i got your voice mail message Tom, you didn't sound too chuffed at the time. I was head first in the engine bay of a suzuki vitara at the time, hence not being able to answer!

glad you got it home ok though

just spotted this thread. i got your voice mail message Tom, you didn't sound too chuffed at the time. I was head first in the engine bay of a suzuki vitara at the time, hence not being able to answer!

glad you got it home ok though

I must admit, I wasnt that bothered. More peeved about walking to the shop in what felt like a -8 deg C headwind.

Car's marooned on the driveway -Im gonna go steal a few bits off it tomorrow.

Back