General urgent cam belt help!!

Currently reading:
General urgent cam belt help!!

yeasterday i replaced the cam belt on my 1.2 8v 53 plate punto, i could only see timing marks on the cam and crank pulleys, so made my own marks on the cases behind the pulley, the crank mark was kinda hard to do as the case was set back quite far/

well anys i fitted it, and got a few problems, it took a few seconds of cranking before it would start, then it got a misfire when reved, after turning it off ans atring it a few times the misfire stoped, and it now starts stright away, i checked the timing and it seemed the crank was out one tooth. it must be the crank as i no the cam never moved. i have noticed it takes a little longer to reach 60 mph, im talking 3 or 4 seconds longer.

i looked on here today and found pics of timing marks, took mine apart and found the pics are differnt to my car,see my pics. i have lined the crank up with the rubber bung of the bell housing, but is it correct how i have it set at the moment?

sam

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0796.jpg

DSCF0795.jpg

DSCF0794.jpg

DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

no one? i took the end cam cover off and the cam is one tooth out, tomorrow im hopinh to get my hands on the fiat special tools, cam and crank locking tools and there workshop procedure

sam

Back