Technical Please help

Currently reading:
Technical Please help

Zoran4e

hi i just change the gearbox on my mk2 1.2 16v...now the gearbox not working properly the rpm go high but the speed is low... can someone help about it?

Are you sure it was fully tightened?
Don't know my friend...they sayd the car is ready for trip but i dont beleave tjem :)... any way i will take to some other mechanics and see what they tell to me

your message is very confusing

You say you changed all set but it seems a mechanic did this work for you

What actually is the problem with your car? Does the gearbox have the wrong ratios or is the clutch slipping?
the clutch is not slipping...like i wrote upper i changed the gearbox but dont know does they put the regular one for the model... like you say the ratio is not sinq...high rpm low speed... the clutch is perfect

the clutch is not slipping...like i wrote upper i changed the gearbox but dont know does they put the regular one for the model... like you say the ratio is not sinq...high rpm low speed... the clutch is perfect

Have you still got the old gearbox? Compare the gear ratios.

Also near the oil filling plug there is a casting number in the aluminium, According to my french book, c514,5 is 5 speed petrol, c514,6 is 6 speed. diesels are c513 and c510. there are not big differences between the boxes for 4th gear apart from between the diesels which are 30,477 kmph for 1000 revs and 36,574. petrol is 23,1 and 27,45

The punto gearbox has an easy repair for the most common fault when the input shaft bearing next to the clutch fails.

Have you still got the old gearbox? Compare the gear ratios.

Also near the oil filling plug there is a casting number in the aluminium, According to my french book, c514,5 is 5 speed petrol, c514,6 is 6 speed. diesels are c513 and c510. there are not big differences between the boxes for 4th gear apart from between the diesels which are 30,477 kmph for 1000 revs and 36,574. petrol is 23,1 and 27,45

The punto gearbox has an easy repair for the most common fault when the input shaft bearing next to the clutch fails.
i dont have the old one gone for scrap... i only found this

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_143620.jpg
    IMG_20230509_143620.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230509_143539.jpg
    IMG_20230509_143539.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
i dont have the old one gone for scrap... i only found this
I have only been using Google but I think that might be a grande punto box or possibly even a fiat 500 box. The part number there is 55196336 Even identical boxes have different gear ratios inside for different cars. People are selling that box as a punto box but it could be the ratios are correct inside and yours are not?

This forum post say the box will fit your car but there is just an extra bolt hole for the bracket that fits on the gearbox that is then hanging from the rubberised mounting under the battery. So that bolt hole will be there in the gearbox but unused on your car.

The post says the mk2 box on the grande punto lowers the revs. so the grande box on the punto will raise the revs

So if you were previously getting 3000 revs at 112 kmph you might now be getting 3500

I have only been using Google but I think that might be a grande punto box or possibly even a fiat 500 box. The part number there is 55196336 Even identical boxes have different gear ratios inside for different cars. People are selling that box as a punto box but it could be the ratios are correct inside and yours are not?

This forum post say the box will fit your car but there is just an extra bolt hole for the bracket that fits on the gearbox that is then hanging from the rubberised mounting under the battery. So that bolt hole will be there in the gearbox but unused on your car.

The post says the mk2 box on the grande punto lowers the revs. so the grande box on the punto will raise the revs

So if you were previously getting 3000 revs at 112 kmph you might now be getting 3500
i just went to the mehanics that chage the gerabox and they also say that is wrong gearbox for the car... they didnt expect that but its them fault... they gonna searc to find the proper one...

Back