General Uprated gas lifter / boot strut

Currently reading:
General Uprated gas lifter / boot strut

MrDT

I was just wondering, can you get uprated pneumatic lifters for car boots?

You know, the things that make opening the boot easier, and holds it open til you give it an almighty slam. Could you get ones that are a bit more powerful, so when you pop the boot handle, the whole thing automagickally opens for you?

I'm sure you can, what with smooth tailgates etc they're probably neccessary! Any makes and models in particular worth looking at?

if you think about it, the ratio that the strut is at when the boot has just been 'popped' is massive (like 1ft boot swing for about 0.5" strut extension, or maybe worse odds).

to have one strong enough to move it from the bottom of the stroke it would probably be a bitch to shut. thats if it didn't break the already weedy strut mounts.(n)

Hey yea was thinking about doing this with my bonnet and thought id come and ask 4 advice. lol Firstly can it even be done? So when you pull bonnet catch inside the car and then the latch under the bonnet and lift a little it opens like your boot would?!:confused:

Cr@zy said:
Hey yea was thinking about doing this with my bonnet and thought id come and ask 4 advice. lol Firstly can it even be done? So when you pull bonnet catch inside the car and then the latch under the bonnet and lift a little it opens like your boot would?!:confused:

i have seen this done before, but it wouldn't open automatically because of the catch on the bonnet

Back