Technical Fuel pump ring gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel pump ring gasket

I had had to take the fuel pump out, and ended up breaking the o ring that fits the pump down. I ordered a new one off ebay and it literally just doesn't screw on, it threads on but instantly gets too tight and pops of with one side being much higher. I really don't know what to do as it should fit and all the other o rings for sale are all the same part with matching part numbers. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
20240131_154246.jpg

Is it the O ring, try carefully fitting without O ring as a test.
I have found screwing the large plastic ring on can be very difficult as threads on tank distort or hard to align, you have to be very careful to turn it perfectly in line as very easy to cross thread. Hold it down square as you wind it on, that should work if you haven't damaged the threads too much.
If all else fails you may try a new locking ring as well as the O ring and maybe a little lube like silicon grease.

Is it the O ring, try carefully fitting without O ring as a test.
I have found screwing the large plastic ring on can be very difficult as threads on tank distort or hard to align, you have to be very careful to turn it perfectly in line as very easy to cross thread. Hold it down square as you wind it on, that should work if you haven't damaged the threads too much.
If all else fails you may try a new locking ring as well as the O ring and maybe a little lube like silicon grease.
hello, my bad i meant the large plastic ring you mentioned, after trying again using your help. I did actually get it to fit on but the ring is wonky and doesn't sit flush with the pump. Earlier I did notice the first thread is poorly made and might be why I'm having trouble getting it on and also keeps popping off. I've brought a new one anyway and we'll see if this one fits any better. Thanks alot !

Back