General upgrade disks

Currently reading:
General upgrade disks

stripey stilo

hi people. my disks a totaly recked so i think its time for an upgrade looking for drilled and grooved or either, front and back disks for stilo just wundered if any body new of any good sites with good low prices.

thank you

Got groved/dimpled on fr and groved/drilled n rear EBC fr and OMP on rear and a big improvement tooo(y)

stripey stilo said:
pnl how much did u pay for discs

Log onto www.tuning.co.uk and follow fiat link cant miss it (y) dont go for drilled on the front dimpled better but groved/drilled on rear ok cos they dont work as hard (y)

Please, whatever you do, don't go for the EBC Turbo Grooved discs. I had these on my Astra along with some Greenstuff pads and within 15k miles, the "dimples" had completely dissappeared(sp?). I sent them back to EBC and fitted the replacements they'd sent me and they did the same but with the added "bonus" of one of the discs cracking (I even had problems with EBC discs when I used to have my scooter about 6 years ago). I do alot of track days in my Astra so the brakes need to be up to the job. I'm now running with Red.dot drilled and grooved discs and Greenstuff pads and after about 60k miles and about 5 trackdays, they've still got loads of life left in them.

Maybe EBC have improved the quality of they're discs over the past few years but I have no faith in them anymore after receiving 2 pairs of faulty discs.

TBH, I'd splash out the extra cash and get a full Black Diamond setup (front and rear discs and pads).

so if i went for omp front and rear discs. and green stuff pads would that be a good choice

StiloSport said:
Please, whatever you do, don't go for the EBC Turbo Grooved discs. I had these on my Astra along with some Greenstuff pads and within 15k miles, the "dimples" had completely dissappeared(sp?). I sent them back to EBC and fitted the replacements they'd sent me and they did the same but with the added "bonus" of one of the discs cracking (I even had problems with EBC discs when I used to have my scooter about 6 years ago). I do alot of track days in my Astra so the brakes need to be up to the job. I'm now running with Red.dot drilled and grooved discs and Greenstuff pads and after about 60k miles and about 5 trackdays, they've still got loads of life left in them.

Maybe EBC have improved the quality of they're discs over the past few years but I have no faith in them anymore after receiving 2 pairs of faulty discs.

TBH, I'd splash out the extra cash and get a full Black Diamond setup (front and rear discs and pads).

Two differences hear mate i havnt fitted turbo groved and i dont take my car on track days so the set up i have is working fine iv had no problems with EBC components so cant comment on this either all i can say is the set up is a big improvement on the standard discs (y)

stripey stilo said:
so if i went for omp front and rear discs. and green stuff pads would that be a good choice

IMO i wouldnt use OMP drilled on the front because the fronts do most of the work and generate more heat and there have been cases of drilled discs cracking. On the rear i find drilled ok they dont work as hard andfind that the grove/drilling help with pad cleaning and heat dispersal (y)

Back