General uconnect/TomTom updates

Currently reading:
General uconnect/TomTom updates

Jodsclass

Hi Everyone.

I recently added a fiat 500 S to the family to go with our trusty old Fiat Panda. It's a 2017 model and is in superb low mileage condition with lots of little extras. The car came with the 7" uconnect head unit complete with TomTom. It would seem that the previous owner didn't take advantage of the free 3 years of map updates. Even though it's a March 2017 car, the maps are from 2015.

I've got a few questions about updating. Firstly, how do you find out was version of uconnect software is running & is it possible to update the software? I tried using the mopar portal & entering my VIN, but nothing loads in regard to updates.

Also, I'd like to update the tomtom maps, but the mopar maps site just says to take it to a fiat dealer, which I'm sure will be quite expensive. Has anyone updated their maps themselves? What's the best way to go about this.

I really do like the car & last week completed a 1300-mile trip from the Cornish coast up to the Dundee coast of Scotland & back. I'd only had the car 3 days & done 40 miles in it before having to set off (family emergency) but the car was flawless & the maps were OK on those routes. Any help would be much appreciated as I get to know you guys on the 500 forums after years over on the panda ones.

Here in the Netherlands I purchased 3 years renewal from the Fiat dealer for 99 Euro.
Updating is easy: unzip, put the update on a USB stick, plug it in your car, turn on the head unit and give your ok for updating. Update takes over an hour. Need to turn on the ignition (just turn the key, no need to start the engine) once every 20 minutes to keep the uconnect powered on during the update.

Hi evebody,

I recently purchased a Ducato 8 series model 2023 with a 10 inch dab with tomtom nav entertainment system.

My tomtom maps are 3 years old. The seller forgot the include the telematic (TBM) module so I'm stuck with this system without updades via wifi.

Or, is it possible to install the tbm box by my garage?

How can I update the system software and the tomtom maps please?

Back