Technical Tyres...Nankang Specifically!

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres...Nankang Specifically!

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Hmm..

It appears Nankang have added to their range of tyres that fits the cento. They have done the much loved and highly rated (by me :), only!) EX-500 (affectionately termed the "hedgefinder") for years.

They now do the XR-611 too...this looks to be a much more 'sporty' tread profile and similar to that on Conti and a lot better than the Pirelli's (that cost lots more!)..

Looking at the attached picture as an example, anyone else got any thoughts and/ or experience?..esp as experiences can vary with different tyres (tread profiles) from the same manufacturer.

Attachments

• nankang.jpg
    nankang.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 87
arc said:
Slippy.. apt name. It describes Yokos when the tarmac gets even a tiny bit damp!

whole heartedly aggree - notice the :rolleyes: after the rather sarcastic :worship: --

i hate yokos:yuck: - people think theyre cool, why, because all the supras and the jap cars put mad power through them. As you pointed out though that's probably in the dry!

I, myself, personally like conti sports and fulda assuros. micheling pilots are good but expensive.

Is there only me who doesnt get slippage on my wheels in the damp on yokos :confused:

am i doing something wrong or right????

Perhaps your car doesn't have enough torque to spin its wheels in the wet? :D
H

Theres more torque in a half asleep sloth than a standard sei so you might be on to something ;)

i run nankang on my omega elite[a lot wider tyre]. they grip very well in the wet. and they are lasting too. they came already fitted.
over the yrs, ive always found contis good tyres. vredstein won the recent big auto express test. but one tyre on one car can be the king yet fitted on another can be the worst.!! always found michilin to perform what ever car fitted too. yokis are designed mainly for dry roads. bridgestone a good compromise for dry and wet. uniroyals also good dry and wet. and the bargain of the lot, avons.(y)

Back