General Seicento tyres

Currently reading:
General Seicento tyres

Poky22

Hello,
so Im trying to buy new tires for my Seincento Sporting and Im wondering what different sizes are suitable for it. Currently on there are 165/55/R13.
But Ive also read on the forum you can have 175/50/R13 so I dont know...

Thanks for your help :D.

Only 3.5mm difference in sidewall height between the two sizes, so not a massive difference.
I suspect the poor ride may be more due to the chosen tyre rather than the size difference.

Very little choice now in these small sizes though.

Much wider choice in the non-Sporting sizes, so that could be an option.

Only 3.5mm difference in sidewall height between the two sizes, so not a massive difference.
I suspect the poor ride may be more due to the chosen tyre rather than the size difference.

Very little choice now in these small sizes though.

Much wider choice in the non-Sporting sizes, so that could be an option.
Well I mean my rims are the standard sporting ones... and I dont know what the best tyres for the size are Im looking at Nankang... and thats what I seem to find...

I got Seicento Sporting tyres last year and I was given a lot of helpful advice in this thread.

I ended up getting 165/55/13 Tracmax tyres as they were the ones I was most easily able to get fitted, and they seem fine so far. I'm not certain, but I think I read somewhere that Tracmax and Rotalla are the same tyres sold under different names.

One place suggested 155/65/13 tyres would be fine and certainly this would open up a lot more options including more premium brands.

I got Seicento Sporting tyres last year and I was given a lot of helpful advice in this thread.

Sorry, the link I put doesn't seem to work properly and I wasn't able to edit the post. Hopefully this is the correct link now.

which has the best reputation between Nankang and Rotalla?

Going back many years ago when there were Goodyear and Pirelli tyres in the 165/55/13 size Nankang were the budget option, and generally not highly regarded.

From anything I've read in recent years, the general opinion seems to be that Nankang are the best of the options available in this size these days. I would imagine tyre technology has probably moved on a lot and Nankang tyres of today are possibly at least as good as Pirelli/Goodyear tyres of 20 years ago.

There isn't a lot of choice, and it may be a case of take what you can get. Tracmax (which I think may be the same tyre as the Rotalla) was the only option my local tyre depot could source, and to be honest they have seemed fine so far.

My experience with the XR 611 nankangs in 165/55R13 wasn't very good. Wet road handling was atrocious. I had them after a set of Yokohama A 539 in 175/50R13 which was the best tire I have ever had on the seicento. After the Nankangs and given that Yokos were hard to find and expensive, I have moved to top brand tyres in 155/65R13 which is a dimension with more choices. I have lost in initial turn in feeling due to the higher profile but I haven't experience any lack of grip.

My standard tyres were 175/50 x 14, on a Sporting Abarth. I didn't find this size new so I changed to 165/55 x 14.
The (non PAS) steering is now slightly less heavy while parking.
Road bumps are a bit smoother due to the higher profile.
The speedo was optimistic before; now it's almost accurate.

Back