Technical Tyres...Nankang Specifically!

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres...Nankang Specifically!

Heard nothing but bad reviews for the nangkangs (especially from Dave) but I have been running on them for a few months now and had no problems whatsoever.

Its been pretty damp of recent and they are now on the HGT. So fa so good and cant fault them!

Well I will be running Yoko's on my 14's (when the Cinq is fixed)

Pirelli's i hated and were shocking in the wet

Conti's (Sportcontact) were excellent and so much grip I ran them a tad low :eek: even have two not so bad ones just in case in the garage still :devil:

I went for the Yoko's mainly because I got the some cheap but also plan on doing a few track days so they are the best whilst still not being that bad on the road IMO :)

I've always loved Yoko's, in the dry they are superb. In the damp, mmmm yeah different story. I find this does mean that i don't push it too hard when it does get damp which is possibly a good thing.
As for the field incident, that was over a year ago and was mostly me trying to see if what difference the strut brace made as I disregarded the surrounding road conditions.:eek: So entirely my fault. But i have been back to that spot since and bloody hell is it a sharp bend.

normski c said:
hankook ventus 195/45/14 QUOTE]
I have these and will buy them again - great in the wet or dry, look good and are wearing well despite horrendous abuse. I had a set of Nankangs on my last Cinq and thought they were ok too but it was only an 1108 and I did 15,000 miles on the tyres without any problems.

I paid €55 each for the Hankook and €43 each for the Nankangs.

Yes, I know I live on RipOff Island (unleaded is still only €0.99c/litre though)

Back