Technical Twin EGR Spares

Currently reading:
Technical Twin EGR Spares

CheeseMonster

If you have a twin EGR Ducato what spares do you carry?
My interest is only in the dreaded twin EGR Ducatos and I'm interested in the spares other owners carry. Do you carry a spare differential pressure sensor or some other part that you feel is likely to fail?
Thanks.

Carrying what if spares can be a contentious issue, when do you stop. I stop at a spare wheel (added not original Rapido) differential pressure sensor , MAP sensor in glove box and need to get turbo solenoid. That is my list for travel. In the shed i have a LPEGR Cooler. They have been on back order a few times and could delay any fix. It was 70 quid on ebay rescued from a skip at a closing Fiat pro dealer. What tools to carry another big question. So is Multiecuscan and laptop a tool or a necessity anyway i try to take it most journies definitly 4 day + trips. Always carry a bt dongle and Alfaobd on my phone ( and tablet)

Concidering these models were only made for 3 years and i've just read a thread about availability of parts for mainstream models 17 years old should we be concidering our options.
I intend keeping my motorhome for as long as i can drive. 1'm 67 its 5. so hoping for 10-15 years.
What spares should we be collecting now LPEGR cooler ive already got. LPEGR should be on list is the HPEGR and Throttle body different to earlier, later models. Any other consumables that are just for this model.

Interesting post.
As originator of the main P0401 post and having worked with 'theoneandonly' on analyzing live data I've now a great appreciation of our possible problems that we've inherited from Fiat.
I only travel the UK , my must have is a laptop with Multiecuscan installed and charged up. I had my LP EGR cooler changed a year back and it was my eureka moment watching live data of the LP EGR opening and adjusting variably and seeing the effect on the LP EGR temperature. Thanks to MES after fitting my new cooler.
I know the MAP will clog again so I hold a new one, we know the turbo solenoids last only 24,000 miles ish, I need to buy one. On coolers I have a new one plus I've cleaned my old one. I have a spare HP EGR (cleaned); I know how to clean them so wouldn't buy another. I'm toying with buying a s/h LP EGR as I would like to try one just loose in the engine compartment plugged in and seeing if it would operate without causing error codes thus stopping the soot entering the turbo. I have a new cam sensor and MAF ready for a rainy day.
I would like a DPF new but the price....
My van is very very special design, (I designed and built it), I don't have an option to p/ex for a replacement so mine is here for the long term.
Bearing in mind the horrendous problems of Boxers / Relay with Adblue we actually have a good basis for the future.
Lastly I know my DPF is cracked because of tailpipe soot, I'm just wondering how long I have before the new cooler blocks....

Mines a 19 plate 180 & my advise from experience is dont rely on the Fiat jack/wheel brace, i had a rear blowout (130 k original tyres) on the m25, limped off at Brentwood junction and luckily a helpful recovery driver helped me as i was getting nowhere . So i carry a decent socket/bar & a bottle jack of Iveco origin

Back