Technical ducato twin EGR software version maual or auto

Currently reading:
Technical ducato twin EGR software version maual or auto

V28, manual.
Chassis built 07/18 (reg. 03/20), 1x ECU programming at 0.0km.
21K miles, clean tailpipe.

Since I've become aware of V32 I have asked drivers of twin EGR vans about software. None of those have their vans serviced by FP so unaware of updates!

Comfortmatic, updated quite recently to v 32 as part of an effort to get the EML to stop illuminating and going into limp mode. Anyway, it is definitely now on V 32, and the EML came on again with v 32 in only about 10km from the dealer workshop where it had been for the software update. So it was back to the dealer for more work, including a new DPF, new catalyst and other minor parts.

Since then, only been on longer journeys of 100-200 km and no misbehaviour so far...

Conformatic, update to V32.
P0236/P0238 faults persist after the update.

Replacement of 4 injectors and DPF, faults disappear then reappear every 2000/3000 km.

Note that during the regulatory technical inspection, before the work, the opacity of the exhaust gases was just at the upper regulatory limit and that during the following inspection, after the work, the opacity was close to zero.

Thanks TangoQ uebec still looks like most 32 are comformatics and manual 28, and most lpegr cooler issues are with comformatics.
I was wondering if adding the Eolys fluid direct to the fuel tank would help? It supposedly "lowers the ignition temperature of the soot particles so regeneration can happen at a lower temperature" (from Google). I have seen a fuel additive that is advertised to do the same.

To moderator i think this and previous post need moving to a thread of its own
from a "pe" forum

@CheeseMonster
- You open the fuel filler cap to fill fuel tank with diesel.
- ECU tells additive pump to squirt a bit of additive into the fuel tank (this amount is always the same regardless of quantity of fuel added to the car).
- Fuel and additive mix, goes through the engine cycle and turns into exhaust products.
- The additive (which now formsE part of the crap in the DPF filter) reduces the temperature at which the particulate matter turns to soot (about 400c).

In order to regenerate the DPF filter, you need the following;

- An engine that works.
- Fuel.
- High temperature.
- Cooling system that works and is efficient.
- Cooling fan which will operate at high speed.

If any of the above are not present/satisfactory, the car won't regenerate the DPF.

The fuel additive isn't an essential part of the DPF regeneration procedure - a car will still break down particulates into soot, but only if the exhaust temperature is high enough (about 600c).

The EOLYS/PAT fluid only reduces the temperature.

So in a twin egr is further messing about with regen necessissary?
If you have one of the later software Versions probably not. Monitoring is not a daft idea
The 3 following pids are measured in Alfaobd but not MES
Accumulated SOx mass in NOx Storage Catalyst (NSC) G

NSC/DOC Ageing factor H
Any idea what they mean /do

Quantity of fuel injected POST2 mm3/stroke is A measure of fuel injected for regeneration. It can be used to indicate when regen is happenning. I think this is all part of constant obd monitoring that i would like to implement. Using mes and a pc far tò cumbersome. ALFAOBd and phone minimum Arduino and obd shield (need help to implement fiat codes). Just turn on and work prefferable.
Back to eloys/additive, dose 50miles before a regen is required? Or is required for all combustion?
how does the ecu know when to trigger regen, what measurement what limmit.
AND what does eloys do to standard injector performance
RAMBLE on

The 3 following pids are measured in Alfaobd but not MES
Accumulated SOx mass in NOx Storage Catalyst (NSC) G

NSC/DOC Ageing factor H
Any idea what they mean /do

If I knew the pids or can find them in the pid info I have I'll try logging them.

Possible pids 90, 91, 98 & 99

I only have Alfaobd demo.

Back