Technical Twin air cold start issue.

Currently reading:
Technical Twin air cold start issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1iceman

Hi all
I have a problem the last few years with cold starting.
1. She starts but after about 30 seconds cuts out, if you can rev it and keep it 2000 revs it will struggle a little bit stays running and then you just have to go go go and start driving else will cut out.

2. Now for the issue that normally happens is she can cut out before all that and takes about 1 to 2 mins of cranking and foot down on throttle to get started again
Once running I have to do as above in No 1, now the daft thing is once we are going again there is no issues with Betty untill morning again works perfect all day no issues at all starting.

3. What I have noticed is summer it works great no issues at all, but when it's cold outside this is when she fails again.

4. it has been like this for a couple years now, it's not oil I have done the oil changes to try to resolve, does not show a fault code for anything.
Start stop works fine, new battery.
I am suspecting the lamba sensor is the fault for the cold readings or something.
The oil light does go out so I pulled that pressure issues out that's quite common.
I am tempted to just throw a lamba sensor at it see if this solve the issue.
I have read lots of the posts but everything stops with no info to say they fixed it or not, so I have started this one as I feel I have added a clear version of the cold and the summer starting cold it plays up, summer it's perfectly fine.
I want to resolve this so will be looking deep into fixing and I can then at least add to this thread with a resolved or something to help others.

So recap I have tried.
Oil plus filter changes ( Selina oil)
Map sensor clean.
New plugs.
Small oil filter by plugs new filter.
Tested for spark when it's cut out and still sparks no problem.

Fuel is being cut is what it feels like but foot down and 1min of cranking as she starts and splutters a bit then revs and just hold the revs to 2000 get off the drive and go without stopping and she will then be fine all day stop leave come back starts ok again all day.
Morning starts 30 seconds cuts out back to the same thing again 1min cranking ect....
Like clock work stuff to get going again.

Thanks all

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You're right in saying that we're seeing a pattern developing here; this, or something like it, has been reported several times, and as yet there's no clear resolution. Just a number of old threads which just peter out without knowing the conclusion, such as this one.

And, there's another thread currently active on this.

To keep things tidy, I'm going to merge this for now. If we ever get to a definitive conclusion, I'll bring it out and turn it into a guide.

For now, I've copied this across to the other active thread. Please can everyone continue this discussion here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back