Tuning Turboing a 1.2 8V

Currently reading:
Tuning Turboing a 1.2 8V

Archeron

Hello,
I have a Doblo 1.2 panorama that i've been using for 3 years, upon oil-locking my previous factory 223a500 engine (wrong oil choice by the previous owner, busted the oil pump slowly until all the bearings and crankshaft were useless.) and i've swapped a 80k km used 176B4000 bottom end (untouched) from a punto mk1 and its been 2 years. It's running on an IAW 59F.ST with the mk2 plastic intake manifold (pictures below) and I am thinking of a low budget turbo project using a 1.3 Multijet turbo (since used ones are cheap and most common in Turkey) and what i really wanna ask is if the 59F (unprogrammed since no one in Turkey can do this) can run on a 1.3 map sensor that can reach higher pressure readings. I am already running the MLS (3 layers) Victor Reinz head gasket.
The plan is;
Cut off the current exhaust manifold flange and weld in a scrapped 1.3 exhaust manifold to accept the 1.3 turbo without any hassle.
Get a 1.3 Multijet MAP sensor since the factory MAP for the 1.2 only reads 100kpa.
Intercooler, oil lines and wastegate etc can be settled easily (probably 1.3 parts again lol)
If the 59F cant run on boost, i can use the LPG ecu along with its external map (can read to abt 2 bar) and eliminate the 59F from the equation.
I'm thinking of running 0.5-0.6 bar boost, not too much. Due to availability and economical reasons, i dont want to run a piggyback or a standalone ecu since i can run it on the LPG system anyways.
If you have any recommendations or info that i can use, please reply.
Thanks in advance :)
I also have an lsu 4.9 aem afr gauge installed atm. I cant think of a reason not to turbo this car rn :)

Changed my plan to VL37 turbo and using a piggyback like aem f/ic6 or something (i dont have access to DET3 but i think it'd be the best) Still havent done it due to ongoing issues with the engine lol im broke. Woj has actually turboed an iaw 4af (similar ecu's, mine's just newer and independent injection) but when i asked him about the iaw 59f he said he didnt know jack about it. Might be a good idea to invest in a chip tuner such as the Galletto V54 and try to tune the ecu. V54 has been proven working on the 59F.

Back