Technical Doblo multijet 1.3d turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo multijet 1.3d turbo

Gerzza

Hi guys, I hope I'm in the right section. I'm looking for guidance on how to remove my turbo,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I hope I'm in the right section. I'm looking for guidance on how to remove my turbo,any help would be greatly appreciated.
Probably need more details as to which version, engine series age etc.
Later versions more of a pain with DPF etc. Basically if you are taking the whole unit off then you have the flow and return oil pipes and washers etc. to remove, then inlet and outlet pipes plus bottom half of exhaust and vacuum pipe to turbo actuator , after that the three nuts/bolts holding it to manifold from memory.
The only one I did recently was on a 1.6 Doblo which was fairly easy to get to and I just changed the cartridge in situ leaving the turbo cast iron body still on the manifold.

Probably need more details as to which version, engine series age etc.
Later versions more of a pain with DPF etc. Basically if you are taking the whole unit off then you have the flow and return oil pipes and washers etc. to remove, then inlet and outlet pipes plus bottom half of exhaust and vacuum pipe to turbo actuator , after that the three nuts/bolts holding it to manifold from memory.
The only one I did recently was on a 1.6 Doblo which was fairly easy to get to and I just changed the cartridge in situ leaving the turbo cast iron body still on the manifold.
Hi,thanks for the reply. It's a doblo 1.3 multijet van. I've managed to remove all bolts except the oil return pipe bolts as they are hard to get to,that's where I'm at,I wanted to know if I have to remove the exhaust manifold aswell or is there any other way to get to those bolts ?

Hi,thanks for the reply. It's a doblo 1.3 multijet van. I've managed to remove all bolts except the oil return pipe bolts as they are hard to get to,that's where I'm at,I wanted to know if I have to remove the exhaust manifold aswell or is there any other way to get to those bolts ?
Sorry. 2011

Sorry. 2011
On the 1.6 I had to use torx sockets to undo the oil pipes.
Re the turbo to manifold nuts/bolts, I would presoak them in oil and then it depends how lucky you get with whatever sockets/long extensions etc. you have.
If no luck then you may end up having to take the whole manifold off.
As I said on the 1.6 I was lucky and only changing the turbo cartridge part, so mostly in situ.
I did do some work on a 1.Grande Punto but it a an early 06 model with no DPF etc. If you have that then you are probably struggling around extra pipes and other junk.:(

Back