Technical Return pipe to turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Return pipe to turbo

JaneF

Hi….the turbo return pipe has split 3 times now. It only lasts 2 weeks and then starts leaking oil.
The first time it started leaking, the garage replaced the pipe. Thought all would be fine and then I saw the drips of oil.
Took it back to the garage hoping it could be a faulty pipe so got another one put on at no charge.
2 weeks later I noticed the oil again. Went back to the garage…they put tiger seal round the pipe and then a rubber hose. It hasn’t cured the problem.
I’ve taken it to a different garage…so far he can’t find a replacement fiat pipe. He doesn’t want to take the pipe off to investigate for a blockage to the sump until I have a pipe. I’ve tried looking. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement pipe that I can order quickly?
It’s a fiat doblo van…1.3 and an 08 plate.
Sorry if this post is a bit long…I know nothing about engines 😬 Jane

Hi….the turbo return pipe has split 3 times now. It only lasts 2 weeks and then starts leaking oil.
The first time it started leaking, the garage replaced the pipe. Thought all would be fine and then I saw the drips of oil.
Took it back to the garage hoping it could be a faulty pipe so got another one put on at no charge.
2 weeks later I noticed the oil again. Went back to the garage…they put tiger seal round the pipe and then a rubber hose. It hasn’t cured the problem.
I’ve taken it to a different garage…so far he can’t find a replacement fiat pipe. He doesn’t want to take the pipe off to investigate for a blockage to the sump until I have a pipe. I’ve tried looking. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement pipe that I can order quickly?
It’s a fiat doblo van…1.3 and an 08 plate.
Sorry if this post is a bit long…I know nothing about engines 😬 Jane
There seem to be several listed on eBay but depends on engine number etc. and age, suggest you contact one of them and ask if it will fit your vehicle giving Reg.Number etc. then if it is wrong it's their fault and you are entitled to a refund.
I just did a search for 1.3 multijet turbo oil return pipe as engine used by several vehicle companies.
N.B. Try and make sure it is a UK site for a quicker delivery.

Hi :)

Being 2 options.. that might be telated to there being 2 power outputs ( different turbos?)
Is yours a 75 or 90 bhp output engine ?

@JaneF

Try looking on shop4parts... they sell new FIAT parts..

My experience of rubber hoses like this..
It can degrade sat on the shelf..

A 10 year old FIAT hose could be worse than a 3 year old equivalent copy

Back