General Turbo for fun

Currently reading:
General Turbo for fun

1986Uno45S said:
Why don't you record the sound of a turbo whistle, sample it, then copy and paste it into a sound program. Then you could loop it a few hundred times to make a 20 minute audio track and get it recorded onto CD.

Put CD into car stereo, play loudly with windows down.

Drive past a load of Chavs with badly modded Corsas/ Fiestas/ Saxos/ rusted away Novas :tosser: , and impress the section of the UK population with less brain cells than an amoeba.

Sorted (y)

Sorry to be negative, but this has to be the most pointless mod ever... :shakehead

However, E505 JPY's idea of using an aircraft jet engine is far more practicle:rolleyes:

No problem...i just wanted to do that while i'm waiting for the UT engine...just for fun while i have nothing to do at home :) :)

p.s buy the way i'm would do it for myself not for the people.

I thought it was the dump valve noise everyone wanted.

Some guy at southend was trying to tell me that you can fit a dump valve to the inlet manifold I presume he ment on the vacuum hose, but I can only ask why..?

If you want to go faster fit the 1242 if you want to have a posers car, sell the panda lol

Dont get me wrong I love pandas, I have been driving one the whole of last week and even sat in the rear of a 4x4 to tow from brighton to london (in the dark with no rear glass - scarey) and I can really see the charm and fun to drive factor but it is not something to look cool in (imo that is).:slayer:

1986Uno45S said:
Sorry to be negative, but this has to be the most pointless mod ever... :shakehead
you haven't seen leds in the water squirtters then...

e505jpy said:
I'm thinking of putting a BE101E engine of a Boeing 747 into Sylvia for the American trip... Mmmm if we got some wings it would save on shipping too.

Anyway, has anyone tried this?

Does it mate to the standard Panda 5spd box or do you think I'd be better getting a Punto box? I hear from my mate 'Mackers' that the Sporting one is rated to the 45000hp of the Boeing engine but his mate 'Jaunty' says I'd get better acceleration of a 750 box because of it's lower gearing. I'd much perfer to use an orignal box and if the panda box does work would you recommend ZC90 oil or should I upgrade that too?

I've tried phoning both Fiat and Boeing but strangely they both keep hanging up on me.....:mad:

Jim

edit: Steering wheel or joystick? I've some bits left over from my old Sega mega drive and I've heard from my dad who's head of Airbus industries that steering wheels in pandas are more difficult to control at thirty five thousand feet plus? But the airbus digital fly by wire system won't work in my anaologe panda so I was thinking of replacing the steering wheel with the Megadrive D pad. Again, anybody any advice on that?

Maybe we should do a poll?:confused:

It's a non-starter Matey, wrong splines on the gearbox ;)

pyrogaz said:
It's a non-starter Matey, wrong splines on the gearbox ;)

How about I fly you over and put you up in a 5 star hotel while we go to Stu's garage and try and make it fit as my dad's now been promoted to Pope now and I've got the entire catholic churches money to burn....

'Mackers' says this will work as he's been doing hill climbs in his panda for years with the Boeing engine attached to the panda 750 gearbox. His 'BoeingPanda' has rather unusual history of having been both owned by Idi Amin and also being up to its doors in raw sewage the the great flood of Newcastle in 1908.
In fact anyone going to 'Goodwood' this year will see the hybrid 'Boeing/Panda ' going up the hill. The only thing 'Mackers' is worried about is that the poor aerodynamics of the Panda may damage Lord March's 'flintwall' as it passes at 379 mph.....

I'll just have to keep you posted on this as news just in is that a premier league footballer is really interested in 'Mackers' supersonic Panda but only if we paint it pink inside and out.

I'm off to get pictures of the whole lot but I've bumped into Mark Oaten there and he thought I was from the News of the World and took the camera off me with the pictures of the new supersonic pink BoeingPanda thinking that it was incriminating evidence of him and his strange love affair with a gay Allegro Vanden Plas in Metallic brown..... Mmm, those pesky lib dems, you really can't trust them!

Amazing stuff! Honestly if it wasn't true you'd never believe it!!!

(oh dear, the wine has just ran out:eek: )

Jim

Those pesky french have stolen my idea!!!!

paircraft.jpg

Damn,them, Damn them all to hell!!!!

:mad:

Jim

Should I bring up that I'm having difficulty mating up the 'BlackHole Drive' that I got off a strange man that travels in large blue box with the standard panda four wheel drive system... Maybe he sold me a dud one as he kept mumbling about 'critital timing error' and that he had to get somewhere in Ireland called 'Gallifrey' in a hurry....

I'll try halfords again as they had the adaptor to fit the Boeing engine to the 750 gearbox.

Jim

e505jpy said:
Should I bring up that I'm having difficulty mating up the 'BlackHole Drive' that I got off a strange man that travels in large blue box with the standard panda four wheel drive system... Maybe he sold me a dud one as he kept mumbling about 'critital timing error' and that he had to get somewhere in Ireland called 'Gallifrey' in a hurry....

I'll try halfords again as they had the adaptor to fit the Boeing engine to the 750 gearbox.

Jim
that wil only run on dark matter optimax fuel

Oh, it's ok. The guy popped back again (Looked a bit different this time but had the same girl with the blond hair with him) and explained that I have to 'reverse the polarity of the neutron flow' before engaging the Steyr Punch 4WD system and it should work....

I'll keep you posted

Jim

1986Uno45S said:
No, no, no! It's Event Horizon Anti-matter Ploptimax ;) :p

Mmm... Tried that but I keep popping back to 1987 every time I turn it on cause I'm really tempted to see if I run round to the 87 Ulster Motor Show and stop myself from seeing the Panda that I fell in love with on the Fiat Stand then I'd never of bought Juppy... But of course then If I'd not bought Juppy I'd not be on the Fiat Forum so I'd not of got he Anti-matter Ploptimax so I couldn't of went back to 1987 and changed history so I'd still be writing this......

God, time travel doesn't half mess with you head!!!

Jim

Back