Tris's New Car

Currently reading:
Tris's New Car

well i'll be going into that size car/ class next when i get a company car so no point now...

saying that, a Focus is a bit grown up but i still like them too...

But bravo has passion and its a fiat (y)

a bigger engine could be just about the same to own as a smaller (ish) engine in the ford to :)

and you dont see as many of them about on british roads as you do focus's (y)

they'll take £3k for this, and its near you, and tbh they're fantastic cars, and its only 4 yerars old! i'd have one. they handle mint and the engine loves to rev. have a test drive and i can guarantee you'll have a big smile. insurance group 11 too!

shame its the 6 speed semi-auto, but you cant have everything in life.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MGZS-STEPSPEED-6speed-met-BLUE-with-leather-n-res_W0QQitemZ260303860364QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260303860364&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

it ends today!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
can't get on ebay at work... but cheers for the link. to be honest, i need to sell my car before i get one, i think if i had 2 cars on the drive i wouldnt put as much effort in to selling it... or want to keep it, strip it and turn it into a track weapon...

astra would be 1.7 or 1.9 (120) cdti or 1.8 petrol

A Tjet will eat those ;) as i proved tonight against some lad who thought he would beat me in his 1.7 and then my mate had the 1.8 petrol SRI and he got eaten alive aswell much to his displeasure ;)

not into black GP's really... 8k for an 07 plate seems a lot aswell, i can get a 58 series 2 with 5 year warranty for 9k ;)

£9k for a Series 2 M-Jet :eek: Where is that from? Even Fiat SupaSaver want £10495 for an S2 M-Jet

Nah you cant get Mjets that cheap, they are still up around the 10k mark. Tjets start at about £9200 from places like Fiat SupaSaver.

A Tjet will eat those ;) as i proved tonight against some lad who thought he would beat me in his 1.7 and then my mate had the 1.8 petrol SRI and he got eaten alive aswell much to his displeasure ;)

nice dream but its time to wake up.

t-jet 0-60=8.6sec topspeed=121mph

1.7cdti 0-60=13sec topspeed=101mph

1.8sri 0-60=8.5sec topspeed=127mph

the SRi is slightly faster than your sporting so you can't have eaten him alive. its as simple as that.

Last edited:
nice dream but its time to wake up.

t-jet 0-60=8.6sec topspeed=121mph

1.7cdti 0-60=13sec topspeed=101mph

1.8sri 0-60=8.5sec topspeed=127mph

the SRi is slightly faster than your sporting so you can't have eaten him alive. its as simple as that.

Astra specs can't be right. I was glued to the back of one when I was in a 1.4 500.

Edit: Seen above post so understand now.

yeah the sporthatch suffers modern car syndrome, its too big and heavy to compete with the model it replaced.

its weird these days. cars keep getting bigger and engines keep getting smaller.

I need to get mine on a proper timer to see how much quicker it is to 60 now than when it was standard.

unless you use the same method to measure it as you did before thye remap then you can never really know. the book figure will be very different to your actual figure so you cant use that to compare.

Back