Trackdays

Currently reading:
Trackdays

styles

Just thought that this hasnt come up in this forum since i joined so sorry if it cropped up not long ago.
Questions open to all.

Have you been to a trackday?
If u have which track,did u enjoy it and why? ->Wot car/bike did u use?

If not would you consider it? ->If yes which track would u like to try?
If you wouldnt consider it why not?

Only once have i noticed some quite poor regards to rules and other people was at Angulsey.
A guy driving a Noble gto crossing lines where he shouldnt have,cutting up everyone mid corner etc so if he wasnt gonna take him self out he would collected some poor soul.so with him being a :tosser: to such an extent me and my brother would have paid to see him crash or end up in the irish sea!:yum:

He did spin afew times.Mind u there was a little justice,half way through the day it seemed he'd broken his Engine as he tried to quietly limp it home with lots of bangin and grindin sounds:D the only time i think id ever want to hear that sound

Sort of. Nurburgring. Lots! Being able to drive fast without being illegal. My Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo.
H

id love to! cant wait to! dont care what track! but being on my "no points probation" thing for two years means i cant really go fast :rolleyes: track day i can get caught speeding and not get into trouble

and i would use my car too, if i get alot of "dont worry it wont roll over and kill your car"

charlie

charlieboy said:
and i would use my car too, if i get alot of "dont worry it wont roll over and kill your car"
Well that depends on:
a) Your driving ability
b) How much you are prepared to push your driving ability
If b gets bigger than a, then you're in trouble! :)
When I went to the Nurburgring, I didn't push the car too hard, as I didn't have any confidence in the brakes, and I'd never driven on a track before. I got through the weekend unscathed.
One of my friends in his BMW M3 decided he was going to try and go flat out. He exceeded his own ability on one corner, and wrote the car off. :(
So if your car is in good condition, and you don't drive like a knob, you should be fine (y) (though there's always some things you can't account for, like other drivers).
H

hmallett said:
Well that depends on:
a) Your driving ability
When I went to the Nurburgring, I didn't push the car too hard, as I didn't have any confidence in the brakes, and I'd never driven on a track before. I got through the weekend unscathed.
One of my friends in his BMW M3 decided he was going to try and go flat out. He exceeded his own ability on one corner, and wrote the car off. :(
So if your car is in good condition, and you don't drive like a knob, you should be fine (y) (though there's always some things you can't account for, like other drivers).
H

totally agree, i rarley push myself and the car harder than i know it/i can handel, but i see absolute nutcase chavs going mental, overtaking on a blind corner over a humped bridge! that guy was on a deathwish(n)

bulldog5046 said:
totally agree, i rarley push myself and the car harder than i know it/i can handel, but i see absolute nutcase chavs going mental, overtaking on a blind corner over a humped bridge! that guy was on a deathwish(n)

And very soon will grow some wings [ANGEL]

Helz said:
Err no but thanks for the offer, does this mean I can borrow yours then? :p

Of course you can Helz always a gentleman as honesty57 will tell you :p

i figure the best way to preserve my car and wallet is to go as a co-pilot. which i'm doing in a couple of weeks at bedford, and though the thought of automotive mayhem is enticing, i hope my mates work in progress x1/9 v6 survives, and teaches another mates overegged leon a lesson!

hmallett said:
Well that depends on:
a) Your driving ability
H
:D thanks. i dont push myself at all when driving...no need ot rush myself in learning (been driving one year but no where enough to say im a good driver!!)

my cars in tip top condition :D and i have no worries bout it failing. its just that though of "waht if the car leans to much and rolls over" if you get me?

charlie

Not driven a trackday but been a passenger few times..

Last one was with J333EVO in his Grale was great fun even if I couldn't drive and we nearly ran out of petrol :eek:

That was at Castle Combe... great track to learn on and can also be quite good for faster drivers...

Back