occasional trackday helmet....

Currently reading:
occasional trackday helmet....

since i'm planning to do a few this year, and the ppc challenge.....and the ring:devil: i figure rather than using a 30 year old mould sweaty lid, i should buy my own......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370168828279

any good?

the other option was:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310122542033

which let's face it...is freaking awesome!!!!!:slayer::slayer:

and only slightly below that:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Russian-Sovie...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

but as i don't yet own a sedici...not much point:p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I know omp have a certain reputation in motor sport, but I certainly wouldn't consider a motorcycle crash helmet for that sort of money, but then I suppose the criteria are different in a car. As for the leather tank helmet or the Chinese fighter pilot helmet, the Communist military authorities of the day didn't put a very high priority on their troops surviving. They didn't even give all their soldiers a gun each. They just told them to pick up one from one of their dead comrades.

Er, WTF has that got to do with it? I don't know actually. Who am I? Where am I? Who are you and what have you done with The Beard?

Forget the chinese military one, you have no idea whether or not it's going to be up to spec for the use you have in mind.

The first one looks fine. One thing I would say though is that you only have one head so get the best you can afford. Another thing with more expensive helmets is that they tend to be lighter and more comfortable which does make more difference than you might think in terms of loading on the neck etc.

I would always recommend full face, just for the sake of safety rather than anything else. Also it might be worth bearing in mind that you can't use an open face helmet in a screenless car like a caterham. I know you don't have a caterham but you may know/meet someone who does, so a full face helmet with visor is more versatile.

I would also recommend that you go and try the helmet on first to check for fit as they do tend to vary quite a bit. Bike shops are fine or you could take a trip to demon tweeks if it's not a million miles away.

A couple of years ago I bought my boyfriend a new helmet because his was verging on dangerous and was ancient. I bought him a £300 Sparco full face A/FR helmet. I would like to keep his head in one piece!

I know omp have a certain reputation in motor sport, but I certainly wouldn't consider a motorcycle crash helmet for that sort of money, but then I suppose the criteria are different in a car. As for the leather tank helmet or the Chinese fighter pilot helmet, the Communist military authorities of the day didn't put a very high priority on their troops surviving. They didn't even give all their soldiers a gun each. They just told them to pick up one from one of their dead comrades.

Er, WTF has that got to do with it? I don't know actually. Who am I? Where am I? Who are you and what have you done with The Beard?
I hear that Kamikaze pilot's helmets were very well engineered, if a little pointless under the circumstances.

Forget the chinese military one, you have no idea whether or not it's going to be up to spec for the use you have in mind.

ebay threw them up! honest!!! no really, i typed in helmet, and they came up...i wasn't being silly at all....well a little, but no seriously, they were for fun:D

cheers for the rest, i will consider a full face, certainly with the unos wheel being harder than a girder, but as ever, cost and use are criteria(y)

btw: going back to silly:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLONE-WARS-RE...ryZ73556QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

matching red graphics on tippex.....would look the bomb!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Police-Kevlar...goryZ395QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
l]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Police-Kevlar-Riot-Helmet-Free-UK-Postage_W0QQitemZ330314592831QQihZ014QQcategoryZ395QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]
Good spot Jai. It's our wedding anniversary on the 20th June and I always forget. I picked up a new Uno 60DS the week before on the 3rd and I always remember that date so shouldn't really have a problem with the anniversary.

Oops. With regard to our anniversary, the eagle-eyed among you might have noticed that 1 week before the 20th is not the 3rd. However, 1 week before the 10th is. I even got the date wrong on here. I think I'd better invest in one of those helmets. I wonder if the Tactical Dog Unit will have a couple of German Shepherd GPDs I could borrow for a week or so.

Repeat after me. My wedding was on the 10th of June.
My wedding was on the 10th of June. My wedding was on the 10th of June.
My wedding was on the 10th of June. My wedding was on the 10th of june.
My wedding was on............................................................

Last edited:
Sounds a little like issuing the British Army with gas masks when fighting the Taliban.[/quote
I just thought that if the aim of the Kamikaze is to die gloriously, why bother with a helmet, or a seatbelt for that matter!
Anyway, the nurse is coming round with my medication and to tuck me in any minute so good night all. If everything keeps working overnight, I'll see you tomorrow, in a manner of speaking.(y)

Back