info on trackday?

Currently reading:
info on trackday?

anyone point me in the right direction? i fancy doing a track day in my own car,i live near cardiff ish that wales if you didnt know
so where is my nearest place and where is the best track for a novice to go?
does the forum ever do track days as i would like to have a tutor there to give me pointer?

thanks.

p.s drive a barchetta

Re: into on trackday?

Im not sure that the B could handle the pace of being hammered so hard without more modification. Its one thing driving quickly on a road but a track will really hit the car hard.
I have wear and tear issues and other problems from just road use so i would dread to think what the track would do to mine.

Im not sure that the B could handle the pace of being hammered so hard without more modification. Its one thing driving quickly on a road but a track will really hit the car hard.
I have wear and tear issues and other problems from just road use so i would dread to think what the track would do to mine.

:yeahthat: you would trash your car mate..... but if you really want ago then Anglesey track (the one fifth gear used) would be closest to you, but not sure if it is open to public...:confused:

but if you really want ago then Anglesey track (the one fifth gear used) would be closest to you, but not sure if it is open to public...:confused:

Llandow and Pembrey are in South Wales, therefore a lot closer to Cardiff than Anglesey :p.

Last edited:

Do they allow soft tops on track.

don't think so... according to some track day rules soft tops must have a roll bar fitted.. Unless the manufacturer's owners manual says your convertible will support itself by the wind shield frame in the event of a roll over....

don't think so... according to some track day rules soft tops must have a roll bar fitted.. Unless the manufacturer's owners manual says your convertible will support itself by the wind shield frame in the event of a roll over....

:ROFLMAO: On a FIAT

Do you know what is involved on the track day.

turn up at 7, yawn
settle in to garage, heavy
registration at 7.30, excites
briefing at 8.30, nerd alert
first session at 9, 3 sighting laps.....christ thats fast
into garage....time to hit the track for real
back in after one lap to change wheel and tyres.....****, rubbage
back out,....someones off
back in....bored
back out....someones off
back in....****
back out....someone off
back in....christs sake ****ing learner drivers
lunch
bollocking from the marshalls...spin off...go home....****
back out.....warm it up
fast laps......jesus that cossie is hyper fast
so's that r5....and the 205.....and the porsche
and the bloke on roller skates
is the engine on?
in to get a passenger
out fast...cool beanz lap
come in
another passenger...cooler beanz lap
in
passenger in another car...wow cool
come in
go out in mine
blast in too hard....spin
don't go off
don;t hit anything
pray
still on the track
phew
tip toe round
blast it!
come in
go out
come in
go out
come in
last call
2 last laps
shattered
go home

a rough guide...i thank you

btw: a bootful of spares and tools optional, a folding chair is essential. and if the tub can survive a 300 mile round trip and a day of track thrash, any car on this forum can too(y)

Do you know what is involved on the track day.

with the Castle Combe action days you get a chance for 15mins on the track (you can book as many sessions as you want pretty much) 15mins will give you the chance to do several laps so it's a good taster of what a proper track day will be like with longer sessions. If you get your name down (if it's not too late) there'll be a session with just us, and some other clubs, peugeots or something which should level the field a bit making it a bit safer.

Was at one yesterday at a very quick track, during the whole morning there was one stoppage for an accident, plenty of spins but only one car damaged, that was on a damp track for four hours. Porsche GT3s, Lotus, Golfs, Caterhams, Nissans, and a Bravo all sharing the track no problem.

Barchetta too slow to go on a track? too dangerous? dont be silly

track days are laid on for everyone in all cars, not just high performance track monsters.

Llandow is a nice looking circuit but seems very small for cars, i've heard its a right giggle.

Castle combe being the only track i visit is great fun, very little run off and very fast but theres not much cause for concern if you are taking it stready, personally i've only had one close call and that was in terrential rain and i hit standing water as i turned in, managed to recover and avoided an off :eek:

as above the action days are a great chance to get stuck in if your nurvous, you can just by a 15 minute slot if you want to have a go :)

Best of luck,
Ry

Back