Trackdays

Currently reading:
Trackdays

charlieboy said:
i htink oulton park (sp?) would be a good first time track iirc its not a complex track (from toca TC anyways :p)

I thinks its a very good all round track cos its got it all!
Tests fwds-147gta Heavy front end,rwd(50+ mph 70+ degree sideways rally s1ag style in a 80s BMW alpina b9 3.5 no elec aids or ABS is fun also can have instant vindaloo moments)even seen a Ferrari 360mos strad(race preped),even 4wd tommy mac evos.

I would take most computer games tracks reproduction with a tiny pinch of salt as Topgears Jezza and Evo mag have proved.

charlieboy said:
i htink oulton park (sp?) would be a good first time track iirc its not a complex track (from toca TC anyways :p)
It's not technically too complex, but it's very undulating, which can cause lots of suspension strain. I know that the Superbikes often suffer with overheating suspension at Oulton Park, simply because the amount of compression and extension of the dampers is much higher than at any of the tracks they test at.
However, it's not far from me, and I quite like the shape of the track....
H

The Nurburgring is a very old track, and apart from a very few corners, if you have an off, it's going to hurt. On average one person dies there each month. :(
However, I'd prefer to do the ring than a bike in the wet :eek:
H

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
will deffo be doin track days with my UT when its fully built and resprayed. but im a nutter and will be goin on the lines of who gives a crap about stone chips and stuffing it! im building it for track days and pod really, so will be goin as hard as i can in it :D

Dunc
ill be coming to see you go round tracks i guess. but if you stuff it ill cry!! :cry:

charlie

done a race experience day on zandvoort (netherlands).
was a whole day on and off the track, with their cars.
A megane coupe trophy a couple off laps, behind an instructor, and a couple off laps still behind him, but then going pretty fast, atleast for us it was, he was doing it with one arm out the window..:)
Also a formula ford doing the same as the megane.
@ the end of the day we where aloud to go on te track with our own cars, just for a couple of laps..
I didn't do that, becuase we where there with our campervan... and 2.5 Diesel with just 75 bhp and a weight of nearly 3000Kg is not that much fun..:bang:

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
will be goin as hard as i can in it :D
That's the spirit! However, I'd suggest looking at a roll cage, to reduce your chances of dying. :eek:
H

was at crail thrash on sunday with scottish modifiers, didnt do the strip just showed on stand, ross was gonna race but his wheel fell off, was a great day bloody cold tho!!!
xxx

not done any yet but im hoping too later this year.

driven brands a few times now, but not in my car so want to do that, and am trying to plan a run over to the nurburgring aswell, persuading my mates is harder than i imagined :mad:

hmmm.. ff run to the ring :idea: (y)

excellent.... lets get a load of us to go.

il go on another forum i go on everynow and then to get all the details. i was invited for the first weekend in april but i cant do it... im sick as a parrot as its the car stopping me :(

i shall make a new post in a tic (y)

Plan well in advance for the Nurburgring. Make sure you go on a weekend when it's open to the public (not every weekend). Travel overnight ferry with Norfolk lines for dead cheap. Don't forget you'll need accommodation. http://www.ringhaus.com is excellent, and cheap. Allow £50 for 6 laps (80 euros). Allow for plenty of petrol too. And budget for replacing your tyres and brakes when you come back!
H

Back