General Touch up paint

Currently reading:
General Touch up paint

bondquest

I bought some touch up paint from an eBay seller, to touch up some minor scuffs on my daughters 500.

I'm pretty sure the car is Bossa Nova white.

However either I got the colour wrong, or the paint isn't the right shade (it's not an official Fiat product).:cry:

Does anyone know how I can find out the correct colour of the car, and where to get the best touch up paint which doesn't need laquer.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread.

Cheers.

Usually a paint code number on plaque inside the engine bay. Any Fiat dealership should also be able to sell you the right touch up paint across the counter

There's more than one shade of Bossa Nova White & IIRC more than one BNW touch up stick; you need to order paint using the paint colour code located (according to the handbook; I don't have my car with me today) on the Bodywork Paint Identification Plate on the left side external tailgate post.

The paint system uses a clearcoat lacquer and OEM touch up sticks contain both colourcoat and lacquer; my advice would be to order one from a FIAT dealer using the paint code from your car (they're not unreasonably expensive) and to apply it using a small high quality paintbrush from an art supplies store (the in-bottle brushes are hopelessly crude if you are trying to get a decent finish).

Last edited:
I'll give Stoneacre (the local dealer) a ring.

I've found them to be rubbish in the past though, but I'll give them a go.

It'll have to wait until the daughter comes to visit at the weekend to get a look at the plate.

Thanks

I always use a very thin artists paint brush, and build up the layers.

If it's the wrong colour though it looks like a dogs breakfast. Serves me right for rushing the job initially.

The Paint Code is written in large bold black lettering on the side of the touch up stick; even the most cack-handed dealership ought to be able to get this one right.

That assumes a level of literacy that is in low supply in many dealerships ....

I had the right colour pen but my husband still messed it up. Had to pay for a re spray so be careful

In fairness to your husband, Funk White is just about the hardest colour there is to work with, and nigh on impossible to touch up.

Fortunately for the OP, BNW is one of the easiest.

Last edited:
fiat had a bad batch of 270/a funky white touch-up sticks think they were dated 06/2013 or 07/2013 it looked awfull on the vehicle.

Back