TomTom5 - Postcode search - Better software?

Currently reading:
TomTom5 - Postcode search - Better software?

When you go to find an address, is there a specific postcode option?
On The TomTom Go, you select navigate to, then you can either put in the first part of a postcode, or there is a PostCode option on the second page which lets you enter a full postcode.
H

hmallett said:
When you go to find an address, is there a specific postcode option?
On The TomTom Go, you select navigate to, then you can either put in the first part of a postcode, or there is a PostCode option on the second page which lets you enter a full postcode.
H

yeah its the same on this but it doesnt let you enter a full postcode :(

right i attached an image for you, as you can see dispite entering the full postcode it only lists upto BA12 0, and thats useless, too must of an area to find what your looking for unless you know where it is and that makes satnav useless, i started using google maps to postcode search then use point on map to find it, sooo much more accurate

Attachments

• DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
next page ryan, the full postcode thing is on there.

i used to use a ukpostcode add on for tomtom3, but tomtom5 can do the job perfectly.. if you click on the right screen :p

Ryan, is this a legit copy? You might have Navigator 5, but have you got the Navigator 5 maps? If you're using an old version of the maps, and have just updated the program, the old maps don't have all the postcode data.

he didn't mean "that" next screen.

this should help..

when you press navigate to.. , don't select address, select next at the bottom right of the screen, the second page has 'postcode'. From there is the only place you can enter the full postcode, you can't put it in the 'address' as that only accepts 4 digits as you have found out.

If that doesn't work then the postcode dat file is missing from your memory card.

:)

Back