Tis the season of good will......

Currently reading:
Tis the season of good will......

sammiboo said:
The forum is non profit and all donations go to the up keep of the forum :)

dont suspect that it isnt but being in accounts Im assuming you have P&L to back this up dont you??

There is a list somewhere of what the forum costs to run - will find it when i have the time. From what I remember Ben (site owner) was paying out of his own pocket for any remainder of what bills need paying to keep this forum going.

Who gets paid? None of us mods get paid, Ben certainly doesnt make any revenue and we have an accountant as a moderator too :)

I wouldnt have donated £65 if i knew it wasnt going to the upkeep of the forum.

stu_205 said:
dont suspect that it isnt but being in accounts Im assuming you have P&L to back this up dont you??
There are figures to hand, but this request does seem a bit bizarre coming from a new user?

And what other forums do you know of that publically issue their 'Profit & Loss' account?

In this case, with FF being a non-profit making organisation, and not based in the UK and therefore not part of any UK filing or tax legislation [I will ignore International Accounting Standards for now] an 'Income & Expenditure' account would be more appropriate.

A suggestion...

Is there any chance of the donations being made any other way than from Visa/ MasterCard? That is probaby putting a lot of people off who don't have those cards. I would happily donate if you took Maestro cards :) as it's a good forum (although I've only been here 5 mins lol) and deserves support!

Re: A suggestion...

Stuart DemonD said:
I don't understand - you donate via Paypal - and that accepts ALL cards - Amex, Maestro, Switch?

Ohhhh...right! I just saw the Visa / Mastercard logo and assumed that's the only cards accepted. Will have to work out how to use PayPal :)

Re: A suggestion...

dave said:
hmm i dunno, maybe i didnt rrc sure ben said you didnt need a paypal acount :confused:
That is correct, you don't need a paypal account (y) the fact you are paying via Paypal doesn't mean you need to be logged into an account via Paypal. You with me?

Back