Technical Tipo lounge wagon 1.3 oil filter

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo lounge wagon 1.3 oil filter

silversurfa41

Hy guys. My first post ,i have a tipo wagon lounge 1.3 95. Love it. Can you tell me if the oil filter is reusable .its a new type with metal mesh type filter ( euro 6 engine) have not been able to get one.

Hello, I have a 1.3 multijet diesel wagon 2017. Oil filter isn't reusable, perhaps you can get one mail order. There are at least two different filter fittings on the 1.3 so check what make is written on the black plastic filter housing. It takes 3.9 litres on an oil and filter change fully drained but unless you have a pump the undertray presents a bit of a problem as to how to drain the oil and additionally when it's all done you have to reset the oil degradation counter as well as the normal service counter. This can be done using multiECUscan software, a cheap laptop and an ELM cable. Some talked of a security gateway module fitted to newer Fiats making this impossible so....! Also, is it still in warranty ... if so, or your not sure what's what, get a dealer to do it or a garage and get the service book stamped and make sure they reset or can reset the oil degradation counter as many garages don't!

Cheers

Hy guys. My first post ,i have a tipo wagon lounge 1.3 95. Love it. Can you tell me if the oil filter is reusable .its a new type with metal mesh type filter ( euro 6 engine) have not been able to get one.

Hi and welcome :)

Traditionally the mj 1248 has had a paper element filter

https://www.fiatforum.com/fiorino-iii/474965-oil-change-2.html?474965=#post4496631

Purflux and UFI tended to be the housing brands

Go on EuroCarParts website

Put in your tipo details.. it should give a clue as to type.. cost.. etc

Shop4parts should be able to supply the correct filter.. and the forum discount should cover the postage :)

Charlie 3 x 1248 mj 's

Last edited:
Back