Styling Tints

Currently reading:
Styling Tints

Jemmane

not sure what forum to put this as its not only punto's.

i've seen some cars where the front windscreen looks dark like its bin tinted and u can barely see inside, does the cars come like that or can u get it done and how much wud it cost if you can?

you can get them done yourself,however they are illegal as you have got to have a 70% light intake,so if you can hardly see inside then your likely to be picked on by the police :rolleyes:

Mine cost £130 all round from over revs. And yes, they're illegal.

CIMG0784.JPG

Lol, god no!

Rear window and 4 side windows. The front side ones are of a lighter tint tho to allow more light thru - but still illegal

arh i thaught u got ur front windscreen done, i dont wanna call up and sound stupid asking how much it is to tint the front screen

I dont think anyone would do it for you. It's dangerous. And you would look stupid asking imho, they'd think you were the police trying to shop them.

I know what ur saying jemmane I've definatly seen some motors bout town with the front windscreen looking tinted. I got mine tinted at r-tec autos (Rear window & 4 sides, not front windscreen) & I did ask the question, but I threw it in in away not to sound stupid. Well that was the plan, when the guy was showing the tint films and talking business I just told him that I've seen some pretty gangstar rides going bout town with what looked like tinted front windscreens. He told me that it's 100% illeagle and they wont do it and its either a.) a DIY job that the owners done him self with tint film or b.) it just looks tinted from the fact that the other windows are tinted out in a really dark shade. I dont think you'll find a place that would tint your front windscreen.

what tints do you have for sale? any one know where u can buy pre cut window tint for mark 2 or 3 puntos, im lazy!

supermcc_afc said:
I dont think you'll find a place that would tint your front windscreen.

I flaming well hope not - how are you gonna see or how people are going to see you?

chaos said:
I flaming well hope not - how are you gonna see or how people are going to see you?

you can see from the inside to the outside of the tint
but not as gud as looking from the outside in

well i think its just when people have the rest of there car tinted the front looks darker when its coming toward you.

Jemmane said:
you can see from the inside to the outside of the tint
but not as gud as looking from the outside in

well i think its just when people have the rest of there car tinted the front looks darker when its coming toward you.

But its darker isn't it? Your visibility will be markedly reduced if you were driving on a dual carriageway in the pouring rain. It's why single seater racers don't have tinted visors when racing in overcast/rainy conditions.

Also pedestrians and other drivers need to see you as you may need to use hand signals - how would they see you if you're behind a tint?

Back