Technical Throttle pedal adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Throttle pedal adjustment

Robnw67

:idea: Hi - does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the throttle pedal height on a 500? At the moment my throttle pedal sits at the same height as the other two pedals and is too high for me to access comfortably. It needs to be about an inch lower.

There are some entries in the forum regarding this topic on other cars and solutions for cars with actual throttle cables rather than drive by wire systems. Is this solution appropriate for the 500?

So far I can manage about half an hour before my calf cramps up and my ankle cracks!!

Any help appreciated.

Sorry, Rob, can't offer much help but I sympathise as I suffer the same. It's a shame as in all other respects I find the 500 quite comfy for a small car. I've minimised the problem by moving the seat back as far as practical (ie still able to reach the controls with my hands) and lowering it. The left footrest is useless for the same reason, but that's not a big problem.
Let's hope someone else has fixed it and tells us!

No adjustment on the throttle pedal I'm afraid.
The pedal works using potentiometers to send information back to the ecu.. they are sealed units and can't be modified.

No adjustment on the throttle pedal I'm afraid.
The pedal works using potentiometers to send information back to the ecu.. they are sealed units and can't be modified.

A 'Pedal box' can be used wihch means that the throttle is more 'trigger happy'. It definitely helps and on the 1.4 I used Sport mode a lot on the motorway to minimise having to 'press' the pedal. It definitely helps on longer yourneys and minimises leg cramp.

http://www.pedal-box.co.uk/site/index.php?page=content&content=5853

They might be worth the £300 if it means that it doesn't involve having to change your 500.

Aaah - excellent solution. I drove my car on my forst two 100 mile round trips over the weekend and found it quite comfortable. Although I think that it might be much better with one of those padded mats. I think I'll take a look in Halfords at the weekend!

Back